Dutch gap.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishwillee, Jan 17, 2010.

1. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    I'll be coming up from nc to fish dutch gap this weekend. no i wont be in the ice bowl, lol. Last time i came up to va i fished deep bottom and caught one really nice blue. id like to try dutch gap this time tho. i'll prob. put in at dutch gap. My question is where can i find bait from that ramp and is the fork below the plant a good spot or should i focus more on the main channel in front of henricus park. thanks in advance for the help.

2. catfishwillee

catfishwillee Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    or if anyone is goin out this week and has any extra bait :winky: they'd like to share to get us started. im sure i can have my dad come meet someone somewhere to scoop em up. he lives in petersburg

3. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    Go to the first barge pit on the left upstream from DG. Throw your net anywhere near the central dock.
    Also deep bottom has a hole in it about 35 feet deep. go to the upside edge of that hole where it gets down to 12-17 feet deep, they could also be up on the flat adjacent to it if you see action on the top. There needs to be current there to get them.