Dutch Gap or Hopewell area help me please!!!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by foodsaver, Aug 11, 2008.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I came up to Virginia from TN to do a little bit of fishing with my dad. I haven't been on the James River in 10 years or more and was wondering if yall might have any tips to find bait/fish around Dutch Gap or hopewell. Any help at all would be much appreciated and if any of yall want to come down to TN I'll be glad to share some spots with you!

2. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Foodsaver,
    There is a couple of places you can try out of Dutch Gap. One place is straight across from the boat ramp in the loop there. I've had luck from the mouth at the river on up to the old bridge there. Second, you go down river until you reach the turn off to the barge pit (You'll see an old duck blind there). You go in there to the left of the first wrecks you see sticking out of the water. You should have no problem catching bait from the wrecks on out until the water gets shallow. I'm sure some of the old salts can tell you more from here. I always catch bait in these two spots, so I've never looked anywhere else. Tight lines!

David

3. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thanks man! I appreciate it.

4. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i have had good luck with my cast net in the deep bottom area! fish on bro!:big_smile: