Dutch Gap 30 Dec 09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat69, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Launched out of Dutch Gap today about 1130. Bait was tough and the fish did not want to bite. We managed a few in the 20's and some teens but nothing worthy of taking pictures of until we got back to the boat ramp.
    Kenny went to the truck then once at the truck he told me to tie the boat off cause we have a problem.
    Some SORRY SON A B:::::::: decided that they wanted to throw a 5 pound rock at my drivers window. Not once but 4 times. How do I know cause they missed and hit the door three times but on the forth finally smashed it in. The rock is laying in the floor board. What gets me is that they did not steal one thing out of it.
    If I ever catch someone doing that I will make sure that their arms will never function good enough to pick up a rock let alone throw one.
    Sorry to vent but vandals beware.
    All in all, went out relieve some stress but ended up with more.

Attached Files:

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Holy Crap!!! I hope you reported it to the police, not that it will help catch the SOB that did this. I'm with you...I see somebody doing this and they're not going to ever be able to throw anything again. That's just horrible. :crazy:

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Why in the world do you think you were singled out? Sorry for your bad day.:angry:

4. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    Man that sucks!!. Do the police ever patrol that area?

5. kdrennon7

kdrennon7 New Member

State:
    VA
    The bad part was truck was parked in the front veiwable from the water under one of the lights and not even close to any other vehicle. There were a bunch of kids hanging out at the parking lot a black 4 door honda was there I remember it cause all the other vehicles were typical kids rides and this was mom and dads car new and unmodified. It does suck we have to watch out for each other and our vehicles, because people wont leave alone what they don't own or have permission to use.

6. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    OMFG Mike :crazy:. I have read about stuff like this in other parts of the country but I would've never imagined something like this in our area. DG is one of the quietest areas around (hell all our launch areas are cool) and Mike is one of the coolest guys I've ever met here. I cant believe something like this happened. Sorry about what happened Brother, I'm joining in on the whoop arse if you find the person or if this is ever seen happening by me.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sorry to see this. It seems like all the public ramps are gettin like this. :angry:

8. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I know we have left my truck at that particular ramp at least 75 times this year and never had it messed with. I guess it was just my time.
    We all how Murphy's Law works, well hopefully with tomorrow being a new year, Murphy will reck havic on the SOB that did that to me and leave me the heck alone.
    The cop told me that since the kids have been out of school that this type of stuff has been happening so just keep a watch out for yours and others stuff. If we all ban together and watch out for each other then we might be able to make this a better place. Or we could start up a guard duty roster and have 24 hour watch on all the ramps. Sorry thats the military coming out in me. lol
    I hope everyone has a great New Years, don't drink and drive and make sure that if your on the water fishing to always have at least one rod out with a whole shad (tail cut off) cause there is a monster lurking in those waters with your name on it and it might just make you famous. :big_smile:
    Tight lines and drags a screaming to you all.

9. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sorrie to hear that .Ive got a chain saw .we can cutt there arms off an try them for bait .lol

10. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sorry to hear about your truck. Nothing worse than coming off the water and some SOB ruins your day. We had that problem at the Henderson launch, couldn't leave anything parked.

11. Fokromix

Fokromix New Member

State:
    VA
    That Stinks! Sorry to hear some people are just idiots Bad things happen to good people. Happened to me at Wingina Landing way up river last year. Nothing was taken either. Not sure with mine if they got scared/interrupted but nothing was missing. I had to ride home in shorts sitting on a seat loaded with glass pieces so fine it was like a powder. Pieces still drop from the dash and vent on occasion...renewing my anger. I talked to a guide and it happened several more times at that landing afterwards and his clients had stuff taken. He thinks it was a local who waited for them to leave and then came in on a 4 wheeler as like many landings, access is not that easy. Hopefully not the case at Dutch Gap and instead some isolated issue with stupid kids. Either way it sucks...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  12. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    sorry to here about your truck....if its kids and they catch them they wont do anything to them anyway.....:angry:

13. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    Sorry to hear about that. I had my tags stolen off my trailer down there several years ago. Police said it was nothing they could do. So now I put in somewhere else. I don't have to worry about the buzards either.hopefully it won't happen to you again or anyone else again. Again sorry to hear about that

14. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Sorry about your truck had that happen to me up at a lake in ohio.Nothing worse than a cold raining morning of fishing no fish and to come out to find your drivers window broke out. I beleive what ever bad you do in life will come back on you three times so who ever did this will get theres.

15. mikesxpress

mikesxpress New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Agreed. Sounds like kids that has spare time on their hands.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous...
    If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That friggin sucks about your truck. I'm still waiting for something like that to happen. Some people are just scum bags.

17. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Michael, I am with you brother. After the arms, start on the legs and the ol noggin. I am sorry you got your stuff vandalized. Makes it hard to trust anyone. Vent all you want!!! :angry:

18. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    yea it sucks that these kinda things are happening. with so many of our ramps being secluded it would be nice if there where cameras around our parking lots. i wouldnt even mind paying a little more for my license every year just to have things like this to help protect our fishing resouces.

19. dwordenfish

dwordenfish New Member

State:
    massachusetts
    Man that really sucks!
    Sorry you had a bad day.