Dutch Gap 20 Dec 09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Me, Kenny and Mike hit dutch gap and caught bait right away, 5 nice cutters along with 5 eater Channel cats, a small large mouth bass and a 5lb carp all in 1 dip of the net :smile2: . We let all the none bait go (although we should've chopped up that carp) had a good day with over 20 fish. Close to 10 eaters, quite a few teenagers and about 4 in the 20-30 LB range, we got 1 in the 40s. We didnt take many pics but it was an overall good day considering weather and supringsly no Alcohol :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sweet! The boat ramps still aren't cleared off around here so it'll be at least a week before I can get back on the water. Congrats on a fine day!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day! congrats and good luck in the future

5. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    Heck the roads around my house still aren't cleared off. Slipped and fell twice walking the dog.:angry:

6. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ramon...you look a bit chilly in those pictures....

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Actually I was dressed quite warm. Kenny and Mike had on 100MPH suits, I almost got one the day before but my girl was B%$#&in about the price then when I got dressed to leave that morning she says: you should've got that suit yesterday :angry: Im gettin one before christmas though. The 1st pic they said blow a kiss, the second one they said smile for the camera, and the 3rd one s%^t the wind was just blowing :smile2: but actually it didnt really get cold until right before we left around 5pm then I started feeling the wind alittle cause the sun went down

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks to you guys for sharing your trip. Enjoyed the pics. Congrats on the nice fish caught.

9. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    yea looks you had great day man! im lookin forward to comeing up there soon and chase some of those james river cats at dutch gap. but i gotta get ready for the icebowl down here on jan 23rd ....Go va boys! you guys should come down and fish it... its gonna be a good time and fellowship.

10. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice fish thanks for sharing

11. ramon06

State:
    Alabama

come on up brother its great action everyday. There are gonna be alot guys going to the icebowl as long as the waether permits travel. I myself dont know if I will attend, but if I can reserve a spot on a boat I will be there

12. SaltDog

SaltDog New Member

State:
    tn
    I miss the James

13. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like great day, congrats