Dust off your tinfoil hats- total solar eclipse March 29th over Iraq!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Mar 8, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I just was glancing at my big ole catfish calendar and I saw there will be an eclipse on march 29th. For those of you deployed there, you will have the luxury of a partial eclipse, unless you're near the northern border near Turkey. Figure it to be around 10:15 or so.

Remember- dont look directly at it.

Just hold up both hands with your fingers overlapping each other at right angles. The holes between your fingers should make a lattice pattern out of their shadow. Stand on a chair outside and place a piece of white paper on the ground about 6 feet below your shadow. You ought to be able to see the progression of the eclipse on the paper!!!

Enjoy!

oh... for the next ones here in the USA you have to wait till Aug 21, 2017 or April 8, 2024.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hey!, I never got the memo that we were supposed to stop wearing our tinfoil hats!!! Dangit, hope nobody was laughing.....

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I'm about to the point that I hope the eclipse is mushroom shaped...as soon as all our brothers and sisters are out:crying:

4. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Unfortunately.....I wont have time to view it. Sounds like a good opportunity to conduct an op!

Darrell

5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dont give up just yet brother.

Fellas...DONT LISTEN TO THE NEWS!!!!!!

I see what is going on "over here" and then watch the news that america sees. I give you my word as an officer that america is being duped by a media machine which is motivated by viewer ratings and money. It has nothing to do with the truth. I can not tell you how many times I have seen news reports that have absolutely no valid basis. It is sick.

When I get back I doubt that I will watch very much news at all. I will focus on raising my kids on truth not what we want to hear.

CNN and FOX very rarely get it right.

Darrell

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sir,there was no disrespect intended towards any service personel,but the media and politicians are welcome to a front row seat:rolleyes:

Sal,God willing,I'll get to see a few more in my lifetime.....give me a reminder in 2024,Thanks;)

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

Darrell, my friend, I give you my word that not all americans are being duped by the MSM. some of us understand what reality is. and thank you very much for your efforts - we appreciate it very much

not going to see the eclipse here in OK

8. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No offense taken brother! :rock-big:

They can have the front row if they want just as though their view is not tainted with $.