Duracraft boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by jasonminitruck, Feb 7, 2009.

1. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Was wanting to know what these boats are like I'm looking at one, and would like to get some feed back its 17 feet long and 60 inches wide with a 70 horse mercury motor. All aluminum with two livewells, and alot of storage. So what are your thoughts? The guy is aking $1700 or best offer. Thanks, Jason

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    sounds like a deal---but u didnt say what year it was---u can go to nada.com or kbb.com for book values

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I have never heard anything negative about a duracraft. There are alot of duracrafts on the PD River in SC. You see them everywhere.
    I have fished out of them several times but never owned one.

4. jasonminitruck

State:
    tennessee
    I think it is an 89 model

5. jasonminitruck

State:
    tennessee
    well I got it today seems to be solid, and the motor appears to run good when I started it it only turned over about twice, and started right up. Got him to take 1400 for it.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You seem to have gotten a pretty good deal, there Jason. I hope it makes you a great boat. The duracraft boats are very well made, and I've had one for several years that's given me not problems at all.

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    your going to love it they are very stable boats i owned a 16-8 new in 82 had it till 87 got bass fever and did a dumb move and traded it on a bass boat wish i had it now

8. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    My buddy and I fish pretty regularly out of a '72 Duracraft with a 65hp Evinrude hangin' off the back of it. That old boat's unstoppable and we've given her plenty of fresh slime coats. The floor and carpet have only been replaced once during it's 37 years of existence. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. You done good!!

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats Jason on the purchase of your boat. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as you are pullin' the Cat's over the side... Post some pics when you can...

10. jasonminitruck

State:
    tennessee
    Here are a few pics. I've put rod holders and cleats on. I also relocated the batteries to under the deck so they aren't out in the open.

11. jasonminitruck

State:
    tennessee