Duracell and P&G

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Feb 15, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went to change battery's in a 4 cell Mag Lite last week and one battery had leaked. It caused the aluminum to get stupid and I had one heck of a time getting the battery's out. Where the battery leaked it caused a build up of corrosion on the side. I googled Duracell and sent them an email explaining what happened, also telling them the battery's were dated March 2011. They emailed me back and told me to wait a few days before I did anything.

Well in 4 days I received a check from Proctor & Gamble for 26 dollars because Duracell is a division of P&G. I was happy. Then in yesterdays mail Duracell sent me a coupon for an 8 pack of D's free.

I just thought you folks would appreciate knowing there an honest business/company.

:roll_eyes::wink::wink:

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I knew that equipment was guaranteed by the battery mfg if they leaked, though never heard of any body taking them up on it.
    Good to know they stand by their word. Don't 4 cell mags cost more than $26?:confused2:
    I won't use any thing but Duracell's. I have a flashlight in my tool box with Duracell's over 6 years old in it and it works every time I need it.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I bought a bunch of 4 cell MagLites at Lowes a few years ago for about 10 dollars apiece. It was just before Christmas. I think regular price is about 18 bucks.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You got a heck of a deal at $10 apiece! Online, they are about $28. Found some on sale for $20. I'm sure they can be found cheaper, but I would be thankful that they sent ya $26, and some free batteries. Sounds pretty fair to me. That's cool.:cool2:

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good deal for ya, do ya suppose that warranty covers misplacement?

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Glad to see some companies still care!
    Bill

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its good to see that some companies still care!:big_smile:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim chalk one up for you. You came out ahead this time. Its good to know that some companies honor their warranties, without a hassle.

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I had the same thing happen to me on a 6 d cell maglight about 20 years ago. I called the maglight company and they replaced it for the shipping charge. I was very happy as the flashlight back then was like $40.00 I think. P.S. I replaced my bulb in my 2D cell maglight with a LED bulb from LOWES. Man what a difference. It was expensive about 18 dollars but well worth it.