Dupage County fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by sigmaman1, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sigmaman1

sigmaman1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD SPOTS IN OR AROUND COOK AND DUPAGE COUNTY FOR CAT FISHING. I GO UP TO CRICKET CREEK ON RT 83 AND NORTH AVE. NO REAL BIG LUCK THERE BUT I'VE HEARD SOME PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN SOME BIG ONES OUTH OF THERE.

2. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    First of all,welcome to the site.For your questions...If your familiar with the Bloomingdale area,i recommend Mallard lake for Flatheads and channels.The main intersections are Schick and Gary.Bass Lake in Carol Stream also produces some Flatties and the West Branch (deep quarry) has some channels also.If your into some night fishing,West Branch i think still has a program that will let you fish until 11pm.You might want to give Kolar bait & tackle a call(Carol Stream,il) since thats where i saw the sign posted.Let us know how it goes...

3. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Blackwell Forest Preserve on IL 56 east of IL 59 has some nice cats as well. And just west of there is the West branch of the DuPage River. Good for Cats, Carp, and the occassional Smallie.

4. fishallday927

fishallday927 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i love blackwell i wanna head out there later

5. sigmaman1

sigmaman1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    thanks fellas I will look these places up to see how to get there and i will come witth feedback on my luck there

6. sigmaman1

sigmaman1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I WEN OUT TO BASS LAKE NO LUCK AT ALL NOTEVENA BITE I DID SEE A LOT OF BLUE GILLS THOUGH. I ALSO WENT TO MAYS LAKE IN OAKBROK THE OTHERDAY IT WAS FISH JUMPING BUT NO BITES HAS ANYONE EVER FISHED THERE WITH ANY LUCK?