Dunn's Creek

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by Stump Bumper, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Anybody doing any good on Dunn's Creek this year?....Ray

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    hey stump, where is dunns creek ? i live here in brandon and thought i knew most of the fishing holes but ain't heard of that one....

3. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

John, it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from us. Take I-4 east thru Orlando, pick up Hwy 17 North follow that into Creasant City. Hwy 17 crosses Dunn's Creek about 10 miles on up the road. Dunn's Creek connects the St. John's River with Creasant Lake. I've fished it a few times without too much luck even though it's documented thru Florida Fish and Game to produce Channel Cats in the 20 to 30 pound range. I guess to catch the bigg'uns you would have to spend alot of quality time on the water learning how to fish for them. I can tell you for sure don't try fishing from a boat on the week-ends, as the Bass Boats and the ********'s who drive them have absolutely no reguard for anyone or anything else on the water. You know, submerged logs and stumps hold a near and dear place in my heart....hee....hee....Ray

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Ray I haven't fished it yet,but plan to soon. I've heard lot of good reports about the place but until I land a few nice one's it's all hear say.

5. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

Swampy, Creasant Lake is pretty big plus they have a couple of decent boat launches. I'm gonna try to make it that way in November or December. If I can't locate any good fish in Dunn's Creek to set up on, I might try drift fishing on the lake. The same drifting techinques that work on Santee Cooper should work down here. Anyway, I'll let you know when I'm headed that way if you want to go....Ray

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    ok thanx,now iv'e heard of creasant lake lake don't know much about it but i'veheard of it... are the cats biting at medard park?and have you tried gallagher park pond on dover road and 574?

7. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

John, I haven't been to Turkey Creek lately but we have always done real good there just at daybreak or just before dark. When you say Dover Park on Gallegher Road are you talking about where they have the basketball courts and the running track that goes around the lake? I love fishing there, I take my grandson there alot, especially during the colder months. We seem to do better there during the winter or early spring. Just look for my old brown Chevy S-10....Ray

8. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    yeah me and a buddy of mine have spent a lot hours out there. my sis in law got a 15#er out of there...

9. Stump Bumper

Stump Bumper Guest

John, 3 years ago, Florida Fish and Game were shocking there to do a creel survey, and they shocked up 3 in the 20 pound range. There are some big boys in there but are hard to catch....Ray

10. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    teah,one nite me and a buddy mine put his jon boat in there and i was fishing with hotdogs on a corkand had one hell'uv' hit on it.it hit so hard and so fast it broke 20# test before i could grab my rod...