dunham's bluff 8/3/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by SWAMPRAT, Aug 3, 2008.

1. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    finally got to go back fishing today. we put in at dunham's bluff at about 12:00 this afternoon (woke up kinda late(was going to leave at daylight)) caught some morgans and fliers at my buddies house in the river swamp most of them were hand size. we fished down river and caught 4 fish all together all fish were caught on fliers. every fish we caught loaded the rods up hard like they've never seen a flier before and had to get them before they were gone. we only fished for about 3 1/2 or 4 hrs, had to pick up my little boys medicine before walmart pharmacy closed. i think there is some shrinkage to my fish in the pics because they sure looked alot bigger when we caught them unless the sun was gettin to me... the water has cooled off a little bit from the rain too, it was about 86 degrees when we got there and by the time we left it was only about 87.5 degrees. the water has come up alot since the tournament at allisons because we fished down around dunhams that night and most of the stumps and logs were covered and the sandbars were not showing much today either. the water at the landing is about 3-4 foot and most of the holes we fished in were anywhere from 8 feet to 18-22 feet.. there is plenty of water down that way right now just as long as it will hold up till the fish n camp.. BTW: all the fish were CPR'ed caught photographed and will be released into Lake Crisco!!!! or maybe we'll cook us up a mercury, i mean a catfish stew!!

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Nothing like a good mess of eaters. I have the same problem with fish shrinkage, when they hit the scales!:smile2:

Ok, what in the world is a morgan and a flier? I don't think we have them here in the upstate!

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hear ya Brian. Kill of those brain cells with those mercury cats. They sure do look tasty. Congrats on the catch. You have been wearing them out keep at it and you will get a biggun soon. You might have to stay out of those deer woods some this year cause that is the best cattin time.LOL

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Brian! My daybreak trips sometimes start at noon too! :) Lake Crisco? That's a hoot!!!!! :smile2: Lookin' forward to the gathering!
    BB in SC

5. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Hey Brian nice catch and I also like lake crisco. I kind of like
    the stewing sea. Hope to see you soon at the bluff.

6. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina