dumb questions...

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by bad apple, Feb 16, 2008.

1. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    i just got a 16 foot landow jon boat with a center console and 20 hp evinrude. the boat does not have running lights,the question is what side of the boat on the bow does green and red go? and what side of the boat does the rear light go or does it matter? also if you take two batteries and tie the pos to pos and neg to neg is it still 12 volts or does it make it 24 volts??

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Red on the left (port), green on the right (starboard), white on either side...it has to be tall enough to be seen for a full 360 degrees.

Batteries in parallel add amps, in series, add volts.

3. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    your rear light goes on the right (starboard) side

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    If you're motoring along at night and see another vessel off to your left heading along to cross your path.... You'll see a green light. Green means that you have the right away. And the other boat is SUPPOSED to yield to you. If the boat is coming from the right about to cross your path.... you'll see a red light. Red means for you to yield to the other boat. He has the right away. Unfortunately, hardly anyone out on the water ACTUALLY KNOWS this. So, pretend they are blind and stupid and avoid them like the plague!!! BE CAREFUL!! :smile2:

5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Dan it gets interesting once inawhile ehhhh?

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well everyone has answered the lights questions so I will jsut say welcome and good luck setting your boat up

8. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I knew where the lights went but did not know the right of way. I have just given the other the right of way all the time because of that. Thank you

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Well it looks as if the light question has been answered very well. Good luck at installing them and if you have any problems getting them to work, check the ground wires first. rspd507

10. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    thanx all for the info....
    i will try to get some pics up when i am done setting it up....

11. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with you ferrari i cant stand it when somebody drives to close when your set up or if they dont even see you at all with your running lights on. Im sure its happend to a couple of you guys to. People just need to pay more attention at night and watch for the lights cause ive almost has somebody smash me in the river before!!! Thougt i would say be CAREFUL of others at night.

P.S. If any bass fisherman are reading this dont cut between me and the bank when im siting 20 yards off of it with my lines out. That will absolutely drive me crazy what about some of you guys.