Dumb question

Discussion in 'Boating' started by olgrizz, Mar 6, 2009.

1. olgrizz

olgrizz New Member

State:
    idaho
    I know this a dumb question but out west I don't see many driftmaster rod holders. I do a lot of trolling for cats and crappie as the lake I fish is 52 mile long. I own a small boat with a 25 hp motor so don't have lot of room. Was looking at mod. the holder so they would be eazy in and out. Question is; Will they hold up to trolling and what angle do I want for trolling Thanks Rick

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    YES, they will hold up to trolling. They are fantastic for it. Be sure u go with the PRO line with 1/2" base
    As far as angle, i believe you want to stay as close to 45deg as possible while trolling, I think they have one at that angle, not sure though. I use the "flatliner" with 20deg for some trolling here as well as the "duo" with 25deg or 0deg for freelining

3. olgrizz

olgrizz New Member

State:
    idaho
    Thanks that what I needed to know, headed to Cabela's tomarrow!

4. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    before you go to cabelas check ebay there is a guy on there that builds them and for forty dollars you can get 6 of them. At cabelas 6 of them will cost you around ninety dollars so there less than half the price, and work just as good I've used the two side by side, and can't tell a bit of difference.

5. olgrizz

olgrizz New Member

State:
    idaho
    Thanks! Will check it out

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    the guy on ebay has 3/8" not 1/2 every time i have looked.
    I have seen the 3/8 bend on several boats, both the driftmaster and the atwood versions. I just can not trust them with my rods, i have $200 per combo on average so i do everything i can to keep them outta the drink

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Cabela's don't do the 1/2" Pro series, only the 3/8"
    ...W