dumb question

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rjmorris, Feb 27, 2009.

1. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i have another dumb question, seems like when ever i go fishing some one is always asking me what kind of catfish i have caught. i really dont know other than it was some kind of a catfish. lol so what is the easist way to tell the difference betwen channel, blue and bullhead. i have only been fishing for cats for about a year and i luv it, slower than bass fishing but been alot of fun. and im kinda sick of feeling like an idoit not knowing what im catching lol. so any help would be appreciated. the people on here are great and very helpful, just wish i would have found this site a year ago.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    No such thing as a dumb question, looks like brother Hilljack already took care of you...

Bullheads are the easiest to tell the difference on, atleast hear in Iowa...

I always have trouble between the Blues and Channels, especially in the heat of the moment after landing a nice one!!!!

With time and practice everything else will come!!!!

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Was gonna give ya the link that Hilljack posted. He beat me to it:roll_eyes:...

5. rjmorris

rjmorris New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks very much for that website, very informative and helpful.

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I need to study the fish too & I'm 50!:cool2:

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    That's a great looking site to ID catfish. If you have questions about identifying any other type of fish, try this link:

http://www.fishbase.org/search.php

Forgot to say, WELCOME to the BOC!

8. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Blue cats are blue chanel have spots on them flathead are brown sandy color, i hope that helps.:smile2::wink::cool2: