Dumb kid question.

Discussion in 'Boating' started by lilrivercatman, May 4, 2007.

1. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi we have like an 8ft john boat or some real little alumiun boat that has a trolling motor on it because the local lake is electric only. My question is whenever I drop anchor I always spin around and around the rope and it drives me crazy, This is a really dumb question but what can you say im just a kid,:embarassed: but how do you get my little pond jumper to quit spinning around in circles? 2 anchors? 1 off bow and 1 off stern? Sounds like to much work for me and plus i dont have the money to buy another anchor....yet...

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Yes two anchors will help. You don't need to buy a anchor. There is a lot of things that can be used as a anchor. Fill a gallon jug with rocks, a window weigh or a piece of steel with a hole in it. A lot of things that you can find around home or near by will work for a anchor. Good luck

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    or u can sink 5 gal bucket tie off the stern and that wil help stabilize u. Good point of this is that it will hold the other ancor still when u r in the boat.

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    you can make one for about $3 with a bag of quickcrete and a coffee can and an I bolt. On a boat that small you can use about anything with a little weight to it.

5. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Get a cinder block for around 2$ at lowes or home depot.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Nothing like a brick or two to stop the spinning.
    Probally more bricks laying around unused in this country then anything else.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Shut down the trollin' motor.. maybe.??:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What you left behind is more mellow than wine.

8. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Been there done that!

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    With a boat that small you can use about anything with a little weight to it as long as you can tie a rope on it for a second anchor and the only dumb question is the one that does not get asked so don't worry about asking anything, I'm sure you will get an answer.

10. cataholic

cataholic New Member

State:
    Illinois
    the cheapest way would just take an old milk jug and fill it up with rocks and use that or like the other brothers was saying use an old cinder block it won't take much weight to anchor your boat ...

don't worry about asking "stupid" questions , we all have learned stuff from other ppl that we could have never thought of and i am sure the brothers here are more than happy to help anyone out with adivise