Duffy lock / New Martinsville

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Netmanjack, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any brothers fish this area? I have been there several times fishing from the old lock. Usually up at the left end with moderate success. Can you give any advice on fishing this spot from shore? Right, left, middle,in close or out far. Water depths , holes or cover?

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I have been wanting to fish there since I moved to WV I am about 1 hr away. I don't know any thing about it other than looking at it from the WV side , I se my Dr. there and always stop and try for skipjack. I have nothing but open time so if you want to fish send me a pm

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well it's a new year and more new members, so I'm bring'n it back again!

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jack, are you talking about the fishing piers on the WV side below the Hannibal dam? If so take plenty of break-a-way sinkers, prepare for your bait to be torn up by gars. The best place for flatheads is the current breaks on the back side of the 1st pier closest to the dam. Usually their is thousands of smaller shad that run the whole bank on the WV side. Lots of sauger and stripers and gars are in the area also.

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Walt. Another thing that I was curious about is the Skipjack population. Do you think I could get any at the pier?:smile2: