Dues Paid

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by LazyBum, Jul 27, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Fished Keystone Dam last night and caught nothing. Saw a couple 3 or so pound blues caught, but that was it until around 8am this morning when a man got there with a bait deployment boat. He did real well but was running his boat 1/2 way across the dam.

Still, the weather was fantastic, and not hot, and was well worth getting skunked.

Most people was using shadd, and doing nothing, I used a little of everything, including shadd. I used worms, I used cut stips of drum, and carp.... still nothing.

About the only thing I did was make my deposit of lead at the bottom of the water. But at least I am good at that for sure! But, I'll get em next time

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Been there man. Just keep at it the fish will come.

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Thanks! No plans on slowing down any.... Doesn't bother me to get skunked.... Catching fish is icing on the cake, but my reason for fishing is it is relaxing, meet lotta good people out there at the dam. The challange is something that can never be mastered, so the drive is always gonna be there.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Been there myself an know what it feels like. Main thing is you got out tho an had some enjoyment.

5. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey come on over to Fort Cobb Lake and get them dudes....Plenty here.

6. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    I honestly don't remember where Ft Cobb is. I have been there years ago. A bunch of us come down there and shot millions of crows.

But a good fishing trip sounds good too! I have buddy of mine from Iowa that goes to school in Muskogee, he'll be back down here a week from today, and we're pretty easy to talk into going fishing

7. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like to fish even if i dont catch anything it is very relaxing and quiet. But it is also fun catching fish as we all know.