duel Batteries

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by crackers, Mar 11, 2008.

1. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have a question, If I put a battery swtich from my 115 hp merc outboard to two batterys and between the postive post install a battery switch that goes from battery no. 1 to off to battery no. two where I switch from one battery to the other, that is both batterys will not be in the charging circuit at the same time, when you switch from one battery to the other will it hurt the charging circuit of my out board motor. because it will be in a no load condition for a second or so will that cause any trouble to the charging of my altanator on the motor....thanks

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Perko makes a switch for changing from one battery to another while under a load. They also make one that doesn't support this way. Do not switch while under a load unless the switch states that it can do this you will fry your charging system.

3. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks so much for that answer, I will get me a switch but only do my switching when the motor is not running so I will be safe dont want to fry the charging system. Again thanks