Dude launches trailer and DURANGO (pics)

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by jafacman, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    I have on the scene coverage of this catostrofic mistake made by a local late-nite angler labor day morning at 4:00 am :crazy:...Wore-out and trying to get himself home he makes a common mistake...A grim reminder to all of us to set that emergency brake or this could be you...:embarassed:

Attached Files:

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    In the immortal words of John Boy (of John Boy and Billy)....."How'd that turn out?" Pictures really ARE worth a thousand words. Thanks for the post and the pics. You're right....a VERY grim reminder of what can happen!

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    that will make a long tripe a lot longer.LOL
    thanks for posting the pics.:smile2:

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thats about like the time I saw a guy taking his brand new bass boat out without hooking the strap to his boat. He gassed it up the ramp and his boat landed on the concrete.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Heres your sign ............L

bet his insurance company likes him.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, that makes for a real bad ending to a long night.

7. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Was the fisherman ok? Really make me feel bad to see something like this happen? What lake did this take place on? I've seen this almost happen before when the driver of the truck didn't take it out of reverse when backing the trailer in. When the boat was loaded the driver just took is foot off the brakes and hit the gas. Opps.

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks for the post brother, it is these little reminders that keep all of us on our toes and thinking straight when on the water. I would have hated for that to be my truck!!!

I was doing a river cleanup here in Iowa, some guy had launched his boat and was trying to park his truck and trailer, well going 45 in reverse with an empty trailer was interesting... :eek:oooh: Jackknifed that pretty good, not once, but twice, and them proceeded to get himself stuck in the road and mean while yelling and screaming and peeling tires..... IDIOT!!!! :wink:

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good pics, but you have to feel bad for the guy. I hope he had full coverage insurance!

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pics. "That would leave one with an all WET feeling".

11. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    That almost happened to me 2 weeks ago.

We were getting off the water after fishing and my wife was having a real hard time backing the trailer down the ramp, so I beached the boat and walked up to her and asked if she want me to back it down,she said yes, so I opened the door and she jumps over to the passenger side without setting the brake.

Lucky it didn't catch me flat footed and I was able to get my foot in and smash the brake before getting ran over.

12. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,i bet that woke him up in a hurry.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    wow...I have lost some gear to the water over the years but:eek:oooh:....I'll never complain again about losing hooks and bobbers to snags!

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure hate to see that happen.

15. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Hey TONY... Everyone was OK here... This happened on Lake Tobosofkee in Macon Ga.... They said that he wake up the campers beside the landing with all the screamin and cussin at his cellphone...He found his truck with his anchor from the boat and the dive/rescue team got the tow strap under it... From the look of this dudes face I dont think he was covered(liability)...Just plain LOST 8 grand... I didnt put the guys pic on cause I felt he been through enough...I aint never seen this in real life before and i hope to NEVER again..:sad2:

16. catfish9

catfish9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    that is wild I hope it reminds us to be alert when we are out all night fishin for the monsters

17. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Dang skippy....I know I'm tired after a long night of fishing. That's why I like to take my partner's truck and boat.....:eek:oooh:

This is so strange.....I'm hangin' out on the Georgia forums more than I am the South Carolina's. Y'all can't have me ALL to yourselves now....LMFAO!!!!

18. AirForced->1

AirForced->1 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey yall hear about the car that can run on water? Well that aint it!!!!

19. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Fished a tournament on the upper Potomac River acouple months ago. Around midnight we were heading to another spot and we passed the launch area where there was a white van in the same spot up to it's windows only dirrerence boat was on the trailer and flloating. The wrecking crew was standing by to pull it out. That will ruin a good trip

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If you could see OUR ramps, you can understand how that could happen. (ask BassMassey) Our ramps on our section of the Pee Dee are LONG, some 60 or 70 YARDS, and at about 40 degrees of angle. Sometimes if the river has been up, and then falls again, it leaves thick mud on the ramp. If you back down too fast, your wheels will slide when applying the brakes. If not careful, you can easily end up in the river with your truck. That being said, I do not see any reason at all this should have happened at this particular ramp in this thread. Just no excuse whatsoever for this to have happened here. People never cease to amaze me. We used to sit at busy boat ramps on a Sunday afternoon just to watch the yahoos, load and unload boats. Quite amusing to say the least! I hate that this poor soul lost his rig, but there was no one to blame except himself and his own negligence.
    Bill in SC