DUCKS ARE COMING IN!

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Luke Clayton, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. I limited out on ducks near my home 30 miles southeast of Dallas this am in about 30 minutes. 3 Gadall drakes, one Gadwall hen and one Wood Duck drake. Had only 6 decoys out but used a Mojo spinning wing decoy. Man, those birds keyed on the Mojo. Have the duck breast seasoned now and in frig.. I usually wrap them in bacon but this time, use a tenderizing mallet and pounded them, just like venison steak. I'v heard they are excellent chicken fried so, lunch will be fried duck breast with cream gravey!!! Will give a report on duck prepared that way!!

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like a great trip. I love cooking duck like that, it is so good

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hunted this am. No wind at ALL. Used Mojo decoy. Shot 2 teal and one wood duck. Watched 16 Widgeon make 3 passes at 30 yards, waited for them to land. They never came back, could have limited out!!! Moral of this story: If birds are working your spread within easy shooting range, SHOOT! They might decide to leave the country! Shooting is good and on 3 trips this week about 30 miles se of dallas, I had the opportunity to limit on gadwall, widgeon, teal and wood ducks... A cold, wet northern will put icing on the cake!