Duck Hunting Today ........

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by RetiredToFish, Oct 27, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well, my brother and I went to Buckeye Lake today duck hunting .... should have been a perfect day ... Cold ... wind ... rain ... & even some spitting snow hitting us right in the face .... We killed ... No Ducks or anything else ... They didn't fly until about 3:00 PM .... we probably saw 75 or more ducks, but they were either going down the far side of the lake or 1/2 mile high. The only thing we got was my brother messed his back up good, getting back in the boat after retrieving the decoys ... We were supposed to out again in the morning, but he will be on the heating pad all day.

I did see a lot of fish on the depth finder and a bunch right on the bottom which were probably cats ....... garry-

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well garry good luck on your next outing! How big were those fish? 7lbers plus? :smile2:

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    My locator is set to show 3 sizes of fish .... small, med & large .... most of the fish on the bottom were showing in the medium and large size ... the large size usually registers in the 8 to 10 pounds or bigger ........ Garry-

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive heard theres some good sized fish there! Is there flats in buckeye lake?

5. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Buckeye is pretty much ALL flats! (it's real shallow) HA! Yes Kip there are flat(heads) there too. But not great numbers.

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Garry - Are those Buckeye hybrid stripers ever gonna grow up? Years back when they started stocking them there was a real buzz about how Buckeye would someday have lots of big hybrids but i never hear much about 'em anymore.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Most of the Stripers I have seen or heard of this last year were between 3 and 5 pounds ... with an occassional one going to 8 to 10 pounds ..... Garry-

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good luck next time rick