duck hunters!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by joer, Dec 9, 2009.

1. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Well finally had a great day on the river duck hunting! Still a catfisherman at heart and could not help but to watch my fish finder and noticing all the fish stacked up in deep holes!! As soon as duck season is over I am ready to get back to fishing.

On Wednesday it was cold and +35 mph winds! It was scary to be on the river with the winds...too much trim up on the motor allows too much wind to go under your boat!! Let that be a lesson! The birds did not like the calls they were just looking for a quite place to land. Post your success/failures.

BTW....1 dozen decoys!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I pick em up out of the river sometimes.

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Troy give it back!!:smile2:

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Come and get it lol
    If I pick up anymore I will hold onto em for ya. Was thinken it might be funn to jug fish with em :wink:

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I bet it was a ride on Wednesday:crazy::eek:oooh: That wind was howling, and cut right through a person

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    By far the slowest year I have had for duck hunting. :angry: My duck lake flooded 3-4 times this summer/fall killing most all the duck food. We had some decent numbers for early ducks, but the big ducks got here late and now everything is froze up. With the ice ranging from 2"-4" in thickness and the corn fields covered in snow and ice, I would say get ready Arkansas, Our Ducks are headed your way!!!! :sad2:

7. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    we've been pounding them! public ground. no flooded corn. no robo's. :wink:

hook'em

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

MAN THATS A BUMMER ROB I KNOW HOW MUCH YA ENJOY DUCK HUNTING WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS !!!! HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER UN LAWS THINGS AND YOU BE BACK TO BLASTING THEM BEFORE SEASON ENDS A FEW MORE TIMES :big_smile::big_smile: !!!!

IF ALL GOES AS PLANED IM ORDERING MY BOAT ENCLOSER MATERIAL TOMORROW SO SOON I WILL FINALLY GET STARTED AND GET DONE MAKING IT :embarassed::embarassed: KINDA WAITED LONG ENOUGH DIDNT I ?? LMAO :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

I STILL NEED YOU TO HOLD MY RODS FOR RANGSOM UNTIL I GET IT BUILT THE DARN FISH STILL BITING WHEN I GET TO MY DADS I CANT BRAKE MYSELF FROM FISHING LONG ENOUGH TO GET STARTED UGGGGG

BUT WITH THIS COLD BLAST IM FINALLY GIVING IN AND DOING IT !!!

SO AFTER I GET IT DONE WE WILL HOOK UP AND GO ROB :wink::big_smile::big_smile:

TAKE CARE BRO ..

9. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds good to me. After reading the latest reports,I'm ready to get back after the Blues!!!
    Rob

10. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Don't give up just yet Rob! The river still has open water and for the next 2 weeks it's going to be a blast!:wink:

11. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Too bad I don't have a blind on my Big boat, the River is most likely to be the only open water,be nice if it was 5 foot lower. :sad2:
    We lost a significant amount of Ducks from Grand Pass so I'm not sure how the weekend hunting will be, But I'm sure I will find out.
    Good Luck to all and be safe!!
    Rob

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Looks like the river is getting pretty iced up:sad2: Man the geese are thick around the river. I just hate trying to fight the ice

13. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Jess you saw ice on the missouri???:eek:oooh: That's tooo early, hope I can hunt tomorrow.

Rob, I talked to some friends this morning that are hunting the river. They don't have a blind on their boat so they are using driftwood to conceal themselves and parking the boat away from the hunting area if that gives you any ideas.:wink:

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya, the ice flow was actually pretty bad. It was like mid January ice:eek:oooh::crazy:

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The river by Leaveworth had so much ice on it yesterday you could have walked across it. Won't be on the river for a while.