DUCK COMMANDERS

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by metalman, Jul 19, 2009.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Just watched a show on outdoor channel called Duck Commanders.
    I have never been into hunting, I'm not anti hunting ... just never appealed to me but this was a really cool show. Four generations of Louisiana family having a good time. not being a hunter myself i don't know how good they are but their approach and results certainly would say they know their stuff.
    Cool show...W

2. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    i was a life long deer hunter and fisherman until last year.i started duck hunting with a couple of my good friend sand now im totally addicted to waterfowl hunting. not that i dont still enjoy deer hunting but duck hunting is more enjoyable to me. i can take my boys and they can move around and have fun just being in the outdoors vs. sitting in a deerstand having to be quiet and still all the time. Phil Robertson has done a few seminars here and has done alot to further the sport and is one of the best ambassadors that waterfowl hunting could ever have.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I watch them guys.....they sure have fun and are funny.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can't call his last name, Phil something another, makes a fine caller for hunting. Very raspy tone. He looks like an old hippy but knows his stuff when it comes to duck huntin.

5. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Phil Robertson is one of the funniest and most down to earth hunting personalities in the industry.

6. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    That show is great, it is funny to watch the different personalities that the Robertsons bring to the table

7. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Boom,Boom,Boom!!!!!!!!! :smile2:

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I love duck hunting, it is in my blood. I wait all year to get the new Duck men video. I love this show, it is great. Right up there with Road Trips in my book

9. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    in my blood isnt the word. i havent fired my rifle or bow in almost two years. not that i dont love to deer hunt its just not as exciting as duck hunting to me anymore. got my places wrote down for a dream duck season. i just gotta stay around long enough to make to them.

10. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Long as all goes well and work doesnt screw me Im headed to North Dakota again this year in October. There is just something about seeing 1,000 ducks or 5,000 snows circling that makes me feel like a kid at christmas time. Plus its dirt cheap as we are D-I-Y guys. Only bad part is coming back to PA for the rest of the season and seeing as much in the whole remainder of the season as we do in a morning up there.

11. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Phil and the Boys have slicked up their acts a little with all the camera time they have enjoyed. Some of the early videos show the real deal and most were shot from hand held equipement and very matter of fact. He does some seriously funny things ..just like real life . What ya see is what ya get.

Great entertainment for sure.. Fav Quote from one of the early sessions...
    " Godly women pick Ducks"

oh yeah .. "Some days ya shoot Ducks, some days ya eat Potatoe Chips... :confused2:

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

ron

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    my daughters have most of the duck commander dvd's. i learned a lot of what i know about duck hunting from watching phil robertson on them. i have a lot of their calls too- the classic commander and brown sugar are my favorites.

13. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Best Phil quote of all time:

"Rest assured I will treat your equipment as if it were my own"

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I did a lot of swamp Wood Duck hunting when I was down in Georgia. My son-in-law lives right on Back Bay and has two duck blinds out behind the house, at the edge of the big water. He doesn't use them even though he pays the permit fee every year. I'd go try my luck if I still had a good dog. His is gun shy!! LOL

15. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Boy's there is noth'n like have 300 Mallard ducks back peddling into your spread at 15 yards. If you havent tried it DO. It will ruin a man!!! My favorite quote "cheese and garlic will fix anything even Hollywoods"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  16. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I gotta disagree. 1,500 snow geese tornado'd into your face from 3000 feet up and God knows how far away. Makes you forget you got a gun and just watch.....always manage to remember at some point thought:wink: