duck attack!!!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by stewedcatfish, Nov 11, 2008.

1. stewedcatfish

stewedcatfish New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I wish I was reeling them in like Capt Mike Jr but that just isn't the case. I fished tonight 11-10-08 from 10:30 to 1am off the bank right across from the Great American Ball Park. SOMEONE has been fishin that spot because there were a lot of pole props. I used my usual giant goldfish, cut shad, and 3 inch strip. Got a dinker bite on strip that didn't even pull my clicker but cleaned my hook. Felt sorry for the 8 inch live goldfish after hooking him twice decided to donate him to the river... FREEDOM!!! at least til a big shovel smashes him. And here's the part that most wouldn't admit to...

While I was tending to my baitcaster with the light clicker about 200 feet from my stash of cut bait, the damn ducks ambushed me and ate every damn shad that I had in my ziplock except for ONE!!! At least they were sporting enough to leave me that, but the fishing wasn't happenin' so I wasn't too disappointed. It was cold and I had my head bundled up with a couple of layers so I didn't hear the bait stealers until they jumped back in the water with a clean get away.

The cops didn't even harass me!!! Damn ducks.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lol,coulda caught a duck and used it for cut bait.....

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man thats pretty funny, unfortunate but funny....:smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Very interesting story, Thanks for sharing with us all

5. kittiehunternm

kittiehunternm New Member