dual livewell syestem

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by great pappy cat, Mar 26, 2009.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Ive been trying to plumb 2 livewells in my boat. I bought a thru hull fitting that has a 1 1/8 ID hose adapter. I bought 3/4 ID hose to match the bildge pumps. I drove all over but I cant find the adapter to get from 1 1/8 to 3/4 ID . When I got home I tried a 3/4 Id elbow in the bore of the thru hull fitting. It fit snugly so I thought my problem was solved. When I was installing it yesterday I found that the thru hull drain fitting was to long, so I cut it back. Aparently the bore in the fitting is tapered because my 3/4 elbow is no longer snug. Its like .03 bigger:sad2:. My question is would 3m 5200 seal this up. I really dont like haveing a hole in the side of my boat for the livewell drian, I know how it works but it just doesnt sit well with me. Should I install a shutoff valve just in case? Here is what I have so far. Let me know what you think

Attached Files:

2. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    I had to get the bait tank higher so I thought Id ad a place for a tackle box. I had the filter laying around for an aquariium so I rigged it up to a power inverter. Should work

Attached Files:

3. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I was reading the data sheets on the 5200. Looks like it will adhere ok to the aluminum. The psi rating are not as high as wood or gelcoat but should be alright. I would probably add a shut off, just to keep water from trying to fill your livewell or pull the water out of the livewell.

4. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    I will add a shutoff valve. Just in case. I am concerned about the slop in the connection from the thru hull fitting to the 3/4 ID elbow.I wanna do it right the 1st time. I also wanna go fishin yesterday. Both pcs are plastick not aluminum. Will the 3m 5200 fill the void or do I spend the next month looking for and waiting on a special ordered part. Thank you

5. great pappy cat

State:
    P.A
    Sorry for the stupid question, I know better. :embarassed: Ill just be patient and do it right. How ever that is??:confused2:. The spring bug is bitein me. Im stressin over gettin my boat ready and I have no clue what Im doin.... what fun right:smile2:

6. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Yes it will fill the void, It has a good adhesion and psi rating for ABS plastic. Hope this helps. :wink:

7. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    You can get marine sealeant in the boating section at walmart if you would prefer it.