Drunk boaters = STUPID!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by boswifedeb, Jul 21, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I just gotta gripe about what happened last night. My husband and I took the kids and went fishing down at Old Hickory yesterday evening. Now take into consideration that it's about a 30 minute drive from where we live. We get down there, and of course it's hot and humid, but that's part of summer fishing. The problems started when a boat full of drunks pulled up to the boat launch and started making fun of another boater who was having trouble getting trailered and out of the water. Well, to me, if you are so knowledgable, jump in and help the guy out. But not these jerks, all they could do was cuss, fuss, and generally make butts out of themselves. Naturally the guy who was having problems with his boat was getting kinda steamed, can't blame him. So when he does get out and away from the ramp to secure the boat to the trailer and drain it, these guys start putting on a show. All they did was stir up gravel dust and throw rocks with their truck. People were coughing, gagging, and ducking big chunks of gravel. It took about 15 minutes for all the dust to clear. Then there was a big commotion when one of the guys backed into another vehicle and took off. Nobody got the license number, unfortunately.

Anyway, all I want to say is this: If you feel the absolute need to drink while you are on your boat, please have someone sober to take the controls, and please have someone sober to drive you home. I do not drink much, and only at home for this very reason. It is just plain rude and inconsiderate for anyone else to have to put up with the stupidity of drunks.

'Nuff said.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i promise ya, Debbie, those guys were stupid BEFORE they started drinking and got in the boat:wink::smile2:

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Truer words have never been spoken

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Debbie, you being a mother fishing with children just call 911 and sound frantic and say your scared for yourself and your young childrens lives. The posse will take care of the rest. :wink:

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i drink a few in my boat but im in the water unloaded and gone in 3 min and out as quick. keep things in working order keep the beer to a min and and control your crowd. someones with me acting stupid they might have a fat lip on the ride home. respect the fisherman around you.:wink:

they might have drowned if i was having trouble with my boat that day.

i agree with ozz. any more i just call the cops. if they dont get arested at least theyll send them packing.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Jackasses will be jackasses.:sad2:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: So True

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    If someone wants a few cold ones and is responsible, no problem. Once it becomes a problem to others not involved, thats a problem. The most Ill bring myself is 2 beers for about 4 hours, the rest is iced tea, water, gatorade. I drink but at home and I usually have a life jacket on, just in case. :wink:

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

WHAT????:eek:oooh: you drink that much at home that you're afraid of drowning? or is it that you're afraid of falling in the toilet?:wink::smile2::smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ive been there ozzy. drank so much ya float,lol. ahh the good old days.:eek:oooh:

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

I got dizzy looking at that river behind ya and straped in on just in case. LOL

12. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    The other day a guy at work was telling me about a guy he had seen trying to load his boat?It took this guy 30 minutes to back the trailer into the water.During this time, he jackknifed the truck and trailer many times tearing the heck out of his truck and trailer.Most people put the boat to the side, back the trailer in the water, then load the boat.I guess this guy wanted to save time and was trying to back the trailer under the boat, which didn't work, he just kept pushing it back.He finally got out of the truck and took his rope and hooked it to the boat, thinking when he pulled out, it would pull the boat on the trailer.He pulled out of the water dragging his boat, and he finally stopped about a quater mile away. By this time, the bottom of the boat was demolished.The guy steps out of his truck and passes out right there.In the hour or so it took this guy to get his boat out of the water, he tears up his truck, trailer and boat, but the police were nice enough to give him a ride and tow his truck, trailer and boat.Ken

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    A lot of people are very inconsiderate when boating and drinking and driving still applies on the water, I share your concern

14. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Stupid idiots like that are one of the reasons I bought me a cell phone earlier this month.I see a drunk I call it in drive like a lunatic putting my family at risk call it and wanting to jump out and say a few choice words

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    verry verry true

16. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :eek:oooh: must be pic on OZZY DAY lol

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    A few weeks ago at Pickwick dam. There was 5 drunks in a boat fishing for Stripes at the dam. They ran over this guys line 2 times and cut this topwater bait off( He was 500 yards below the dam). First time he was nice. Next time, He told them what he thought of there drunken state. And one of them told him he would kick his Butt. Well they ran there 24ft Ranger bay boat up on the bank. And the smart butt one jumped out. He was about 25, The man on the bank was around 55.
    To make a long story short. The old man and his 30 year old son. Beat all 5 of them up. And then made them tell everyone there that they were drunk stupid fools.
    Don't think those 5 will be drinking and doing that again. Sounds like the bunch there needed that also. Also local cops later told the old man good job.. As one of the drunks was trying to get a warrant taken out on the old Man LOL But with 10+ people backing the old man it was laughed off.:smile2:
    Pete

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the old man and his son did what a lot of us would love to do to drunks :wink::cool2:

19. mistynadam

mistynadam New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    People can be such idiots and make what should be a nice day of fishing turn into a nightmare. One good thing....your kids should remember those idiots when they get older and learn from it. Alcohol and boats/cars don't mix.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Heck it was my turn sooner or later. Im thick skinned, bring it on. :smile2: