drum pearch for arts and crafts

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slikk03, Dec 13, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    as a hippie lol, i patake in many hippie activaties, i learned you can cut bones out of drum pearch heads wash em up and put them in a walnut dye or some thing and you take you some hemp rope and drill ya a hole in the round bones and you got a nice peice around your neck,me i got arow heads,but next summer i will have drum pearch ropes to throw on ,:eek:oooh:any hippie folks on here,now i know im probley the only hippie on here but if their is another ones you might like doing this

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hippie's???:eek:oooh:Your about 40 + years late for that gig groovy cat:smile2:

3. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    There was a guy on here this summer asking about bleaching a catfish skull. One suggestion was placing it on an ant nest. I would imagine it would be truly unique if you had a necklace with catfish skulls. Although you may wanna avoid being in the company of kids with it on.

4. festus

festus New Member

Hey Slikk, I've always heard there is some type of pearl inside a freshwater drum head. Never tried cutting one out myself, and I don't really know much about it. Some of the old timers around here call the freshwater drum "sheepshead."

I'm not a hippie, but I used to have long hair in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The "hippies" out in California in 1969 declared the "Death of the Hippie" after the Charles Manson murders. They carried a coffin in a parade and said they wanted no part of the movement anymore. Several wannabe hippies were around later, but I considered myself a "longhaired redneck." Conservative views (except for mind altering smoking mixtures) and dislike of most politicians. So my friends had long hair and loved to mix it up with authorities, but it was a fad and I outgrew it in my late 20's.

It was fun however. Look at these two pictures, I was pretty hideous, right? :cool2:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Glad ya grew up Festus :wink:

6. festus

festus New Member

Jake, I tried to send you a PM, but it says your box is too full. If you delete a few unwanted message, it will free up a few spaces and I'll try again.