drum or sheephead

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by skinner, Jun 9, 2009.

1. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey all i was wondering if its ok to use drum or sheephead for bait. And if so does anyone know here is a good place to catch some at.
    Oh and i fish for big cats just got a digtal cam so i will [good lord willing and the sun shines] have a couple pics on here by saturday.

thanx
    Skinner

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They can be used for bait but I never had any luck with drum. I do better on cut carp or bighead, shad, mooneye, and skipjack. Live green sunfish, gills, crawdads and worms do good sometimes. But drum never got a hit on it.

3. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    i only ask cuz friday went out and the barrels were closed so no bait,I was getting pissed but i thought i would throw the net in this creek to see what was there. And all i got was 1 three inch drum at least i think it was a drum, but was able to use it and catch a 5#flathead and a 30#blue.
    But yes i usally use shad,goldfish or bluegill.I also had some crappy pre packaged shad but i never have luck with the shad in a package. but ty

skinner

4. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I've caught some cats using cut drum as bait, but mostly just caught more drum

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya I have used it cut up as well as carp, shad, and gills. Prepackaged shad is garbage imo.

6. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    Was just wondering ty for your thougts

thanx
    skinner