Drugs and kids

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Aug 9, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I received this in an email this morning hope ya all enjoy it and ponder on it th Patricia Powell wrote:
    > All I got to say is AMEN AND AMEN!! Thank you for sending me this
    e-mail.Don't get me started,I could very easily get up on my soap box on
    this.Have a wonderful day Brother.~~~~~~~~~Sister PatP.S. I was told this morning on the telephone that I have high standards for my children.I found out that one of our dogs did her business in the basement last night as the storms rolled through.Our daughter told the person on the phone to clean it up herself.When I found this out,the daughter was strictly told that she is to respect her Elders and do as she is told.For her infraction she got a spanking.She might be 13,but she still gets a swat on the behind if she defy's an adult. We will not tolorate that.I just want my daughters to be brought up the same as myself.To be respectful and well mannerd.To know the difference between right and wrong.
    >
    >
    > > MOTHERS WHO DRUGGED US!!!
    > >
    > > The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a
    > > Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the
    > > adjoining
    > > county and he asked me a rhetorical question.
    > >
    > > Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing
    > > up?"
    > >
    > > I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young:
    > > I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for
    > >
    > > weddings and funerals.
    > >
    > > I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter
    > > the
    > > weather.
    > > I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
    > >
    > > I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents,
    > > told a lie,
    > > brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect,
    > > spoke ill of
    > > the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best
    > > effort in
    > > everything that was asked of me.
    > >
    > > I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with
    > > soap if
    > > I uttered a profanity I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's
    > > garden and
    > > flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
    > >
    > > I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to
    > > help out
    > > some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the
    > > clothesline,
    > > or chop some firewood; and, if my mother had ever known that I
    > > took a
    > > single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me
    > > back to
    > > the woodshed.
    > >
    > > Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in
    > >
    > > everything I do , say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine,
    > > crack,
    > > or heroin and if today's children had this kind of drug problem,
    > > America
    > > would be a better place.
    > >
    > > God bless the parents who drugged us.
    > > Have a Nice Day .... and a Better tomorrow...e way I have.All my love to my BOC Family!!:big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    unfortunately i had both types of drug problems, but i overcame all that with the help of my friends family, and of course God! :smile2:
    i never could see going through the whole crack/heroine/meth crap though i just smoked a little weed on occasions so i stayed clear of the big bad drugs lol :roll_eyes: if i could take it all back i would but we learn more from stupidity than knowledge, because we learn it at a cost from stupidity, knowledge is free for the asking! :wink:

4. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great post! The only drug problem I ever had was I was not drug enough! I was always rebellious and independent. Free will can cause problems at times. I did a lot of learning due to the mistakes I made. I learned a lot about respect in my early years too. I think I turned out OK.....so far LOL!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That brings back alot of memories Thank you for sharing that.

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    That sounds a lot like my childhood, I got the wipping of my life with a wet dishrag for lying to my mother, never tried that one again (yes a wet dishrag really does hurt).
    :cry:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    > >
    > > God bless the parents who drugged us.

Pat I agree. I was able to relive the many items you mentioned. I'm thankful for parents that cared.:smile2:

8. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    You think a dishrag hurt, you should feel a piece of Hot Wheels track! The old plastic orange kind, my mom's favorite whoopin' tool!

That was the only toy I was sure to put away when I was done playing with it. No sense in making it any easier for her!:wink::eek:oooh:

9. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We live in a drug-fed society. There's more "syndromes" & stuff that call for a pill, the doctors nowadays ain't in the business of curing, it requires a perscription. If they take care of your real problem, there's not enough money in that,keep taking those pills & come back in 2 weeks".

Kids see a medicine cabinet now full of pills, where there used to be iodine, some band-aids & salve, a razor, mug & brush, and maybe some Old Spice.

On top of that, alot of kids today are spoiled. Mommy & daddy give 'em everything they want, designer clothes, new cars, cell phones & pagers, computers......all without having to lift a finger to earn it.......so they got nothing else to do with their time, since everything's handed to 'em.

Smitty

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the post, I wish that the kids today( I guess that kinda includes me) were brought up like the kids of years ago. This world would be a better place.

11. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks for sharing with us Pat. Seems that many parents don't have the values they should.

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    As long as you learn from yours and others mistakes your doing fine but I personally am happy that my "parents" drugged me ~LOL
    :smile2:

13. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    its getting rediculous what kids expect from their parents and they keep getting lazier!!
    spare the rod spoil the child? not if supernanny or nanny 911 has anything to say about it! are we supposed to let kids run over us just because we shouldntspank them? the heck with that!!!! that is what makes them lash out is giving in to them like a lot ofparents do these days and then they run to DR.phil crying "i cant control them anymore and shes 7!" did i hear that right? 7? duh!!!!!!!! whoop that butt!!!!! and see how much little bratty acts up! lol
    just a thought for those "should i actually spank my kid parents", lol

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And both my girls can attest to that! I spank out of love not anger there is the difference!:wink:

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Boy ,Pat sounds like we were in the same era and I know better than that. Thank goodness the parents of past years was so strick.Mine just wasn't strick enough sometimes.But you sure brought back a lot of memerys. Try Green willow tree branches they hurt too.

16. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, and the best part was the trip to the willow tree to cut your own........it gave you alittle extra time to think about it :eek:oooh:

Smitty

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'd have to agree with you on that one! :wink:

18. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i hear you on that one i work in the grocery store and let me tell you parents in this area are horrible at yanking a kid up by the arm and almost beating the kids! i have been told to "leave it alone" by my employer he said "its not worth a lawsuit even if the parents are in the wrong" which i guess means turn away and let the kids suffer, i got onto one parent anyway and said mam its ok he didnt hurt anything, and she calmed down so hmmm do as your told and let a kid get beat or fight the power and save a bad situation? i guess its one of those choose wisely situations but i tell you kids in my area have the laziest parents, im surprised the parents even get onto them at all because its too much like work! :crazy::angry: but papa trippy will set em straight! :roll_eyes::cool2: or die trying? lmao