Dr's really tick me off!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Aug 16, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I called my family Dr and also my Pain Dr today to try to get some kind of medicine for relief. This is the 3rd day that I can hardly get out of bed and unable to do very much.
    The healthcare in the USA is awful!!!
    All the junkies have made it almost impossible for me to get relief!
    The new meds he put me on,Lyrica isn't doing jack! Its more for diabetics than for pain!!!
    The nurse at my pain Dr said they wouldn't help until I get my CT scan of my brain,MRI on low back and EMG on both arms and legs...It'll be at least the 27th or 28th if they give me anything!
    I thought that a pain center was to help you...I guess I was wrong!!!:angry:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear your hurtin again John. Good luck to you.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks!!! Its partly my fault though. I keep pushing myself too hard. I know I shouldn't but i'm too young to slow down or give in!!! I guess no more 2-3 day fishing trips...:sad2::smile2:

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John welcome to America's war on drugs. Dr's. are easier for the DEA to watch than a crack whore, & that's why you can't get your meds. It's hard not to be angry at the doc, but understand what kind of pressure he's under.
    If it wasn't for the Hospice nurses, God bless them, we'd have terminal folks dying in agony all over the country. I have to show my drivers license to get some of my Rx's, so I know, only because my Dr. took the time to explain how liable, and exposed he is, in doing the "right" thing. I guess what I'm saying is it's not all his fault.
    It sad to say, but sometimes, ya have to hit the streets to get the relief you need. It's like everything else the government gets involved in,,,screwed up.
    Prayer for ya, from over the river.

5. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey buddy i had to get mri's on both my shoulders b4 they would give me anything. glad i did had a large tear in the right one . had the surgery and now they give me what ever i want :smile2: they cant give out opium based pain meds without a documented injury and then they will make u go to phyisical therapy to keep ur meds. they do this cause addicts wont go threw all this to get there fix. lol.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats what i'm griping about! They have plenty of documentation from all the other CT-Scans,MRI's,EMG's,1 back surgery so far and my neck(C6 is 60% gone from a car wreck) is so messed up they won't do surgery. They have all this documented and are still being like that! :angry:

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    u could always move to canada and get the health care for free.
    but you would have to leave all your guns here in the US.
    I would rather the govt be too careful with some of the hard core pain meds than just hand them out. I had to take some stuff for my surgery after i got out. I took it one day and then just took the pain instead. I hate being "foggy headed"

8. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am lucky that I have one of those "old doctors". He believes in pain meds! I also have some messed up discs in my lower back and in my neck. since I don't have insurance surgery is not an option right now. Not unless it gets worse. Until then my doc has given me muscle relaxers and pain meds. Only prob. is no refills. I have to go back and pay another office visit before I can get more.:sad2: I can only afford to go about 2 times a year, so I only take them when absolutely(?spelling) necessary.:wink: So I understand where you are coming from. It is aggravating.:angry:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This seriously just breaks my heart! I hate hate hate to hear about you being in such pain,:sad2::sad2::sad2:Why on earth will they not operate on your neck? Are they afraid of putting you in a wheelchair? Ya know Steve and I's offer still stands,we will strive to help you get in with one of his doctors if you and Regina are willing to travel to Missouri. Just say the word. I understand and so does Steve,the suffering is something else!!! Steve also understands about outdoor activities. Honest to goodness holding him down from going hunting in the fall,well................I'd almost relate it too handling a greased pig. I got the job done but it wasn't pleasent at all:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:Wonder if you can get a lawyer to assist you in any way?:confused2::angry:

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i used to think that pain was just weakness leaving the body.\

now i just think it hurts. too bad you dont live closer to mexico, they have great pharmacies.

11. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    And health care in Canada is free. go figure. When i play shows i get offered a lot of under the counter prescriptions(which i thankfully turn down of course). just a little example of how messed up it is that you cant get the drugs you need, but there seems to plenty of the ones that kill ya.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    BTW,,,I wasn't even trying to get narcotics or controlled substances. In that case I kinda understand. It just sucks the way these Dr's treat people!

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    John,
    I'm sorry to hear you are suffering again buddy.
    Believe me, I understand your frustration and yes, health care here in the US is not perfect by a long way. But it doesn't come close to awful.
    I was born and raised in England and although they have some great doctors and nurses you literally can die waiting to get fixed up.
    I sincerely wish i could help you but short of doing something illegal I can't!!! It is a sad testament to our system when it' can be easier to get drugs illegally than honestly.I hope you get some relief and soon...W

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Hate to say it. but your going to have to learn to help your self. Then talk about the doctors.. And that is get better then act like you do..
    I know as I am just like you. LOL But no Kidding learn to slow down and take it easy. Shoot I have been down for over 2 months. And I got out a week ago Friday for a little fishing trip. And now back to sq one..
    So take it easy and remember back to the fish off. When you had not been released and was going fishing?????????????? Yes stuff like that is why your pain is like it is now..
    Good luck and hope they get you something to help.
    Pete

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It's the same way at the V.A. Hosp. I go to. I broke my thumb and they gave me Tylenol. They cut a dime size hole in the bottom of my foot, and gave me Tylenol. I tore a ligament in my knee and they gave me Tylenol. I couldn't sleep because of the pain so they gave me Tylenol PM.
    I hope you get feeling better soon.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Patients have rights. Exercise those rights and fire the whole lot of them and keep firing them until you get a doctor willing to help.

If I'm not happy with a doctor I dont go back.

17. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I am going to throw out something here from personal experience that may want you to rethink some of your options here. I have an ex that had medical problems of the female variety that caused her much pain, her doctor was more interested in giving her pain meds than fixing the cause of her problems.
    This went on for several years and with time as the body adapted to the meds of course they just gave her stronger meds to get the relief. Well anyway to make this short as possible over time she was taking percocets like candy and eating oxycotin like M&M'S. By the time that we Finally convinced the doctor to do a full hysterectamy that she needed (they did not want to do it because she was to young or at least that was the exuse!) in order to combat the pain from Surgery she was taking Delaudid along with oxycodine for breakthrough relief. For those of you not familiar with delaudid it is 10 times stronger than morphine and is the strongest pain medication in a doctor's arsenal, usually only given in extreme cases to terminal cancer patients. The street name for this drug is "drug store heroin" and can sell for 60.00 a pill on the street.
    Needless to say that by the time she was medically okay she was a junky and taking a prescribed 60 mg of delaudid a day, and to keep it down to this level I had to dispense her meds to her or a weeks supply would only last her about 3 days! Also one dose of her meds would have probably knocked me silly for 2 or 3 days but even the levels she took had no effects on her that were noticable to the average person. Also if she messed up her meds and ran out she would start into withdrawals after only 8-12 hours the same as a heroin addict.
    Needless to say we never could get her off the meds, her life revolved around getting the next dose of narcotics. We went our seperate ways because of this and she got into trouble even going so far as to forge prescriptions.
    Just a word from someone that has seen the downsides, Do not wish your doctor will be free with the prescription pad and pen as the end result may just be a monkey on your back that will make the pain you experience today seem like nothing compared to the hell of losing control over your life!
    This particuliar young lady was very intelligent, attractive and a joy to be around and did not get into drugs on the street but rather her life was ruined in her doctors office!

18. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know how ya feel John. My Neurologist had the pain clinic call me (a couple years ago) & told me to come-in. Well, I did & the nurse told me to get undressed & put the gown on. I asked why, what were they gonna do? She said "give you a spinal block"....I said "no thaks, I'd rather hurt than take a chance of being paralyzed". She acted like I made her mad. I'm not letting anyone stick needles in my spine.

You're right, healthcare here is a joke, it isn't about healing, it's about buying a doctor a new BMW. lol, why do you think the 1st words out of their mouth is "Do you have insurance"? I can't take medications, the whole lot of it makes me physically sick, been that way all my life. When I get to that point, I mix my painkiller with ice & 7-up.

If you haven't had an EMG....you're in for a treat.

Hope you get some relief. I know it's hard when the mind's willing, but the body an't.

Smitty

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Pete,
    I know were similar in our conditions but I guess i'm too dam stubborn to give in. I know thats not good for me at all but I am learning to slow down.

Mark,
    I'm gonna soon be firing a cpl Drs myself. Its been a long time coming!

223Smitty,
    The next step the Doc wants to go is the injections in the spine. I think i'll go for it,the benefit outweighs the risks...I believe.
    Also,I've had 2 EMG's done before. Never both arms and both legs at the same time though. I'd say the Dr will learn a few new choice words...I know he did last time! LOL!

Thank You to all that have replied. I just had to vent yesterday. I realize a lot is my fault...My brain thinks i'm healthy but my body says otherwise!
    Thanks for all the posts and good thoughts and info from you all.
    You all are the greatest!!! :big_smile:

20. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    John i dont know what to say that hasnt been already said, just know that your in my thoughts and prayers!!!!