Drowning Today on Wylie

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WylieCat, May 1, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    This is from WSOC:

GASTON COUNTY, N.C. -- Rescuers are out on Lake Wylie in Gaston County searching for a man who fell overboard while fishing just before 2 p.m. Tuesday.

The man’s uncle told Eyewitness News that 37-year-old Corey Jones was fishing with a friend near the South Point Boat Landing when he went to cast a line and lost his footing. Jones’ family said he was an avid outdoorsman despite having a prosthetic leg.

Officials say they still consider this a search and rescue mission. Dive teams from Charlotte armed with sonar equipment have joined Gaston County teams in the cold water. Family members say they’re still holding out hope.

Eyewitness News is at the scene and will have the latest information as it becomes available.

2. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    too love the outdoors and have a prosthetic leg,i try too be as carefull as i can knowing that swimming would be tuff

3. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Man that is sad, I hope that he is somehow alright. I always hate to hear about fisherman involved in tragedies while fishing.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sad news to hear but i just heard on the news the body was recovered and the man was throwing a cast net when he fell in. need to be careful throwing them nets.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was just thinking about that, and I don't know if I'm the only one, but there have been many times when I've been in some swift water behind a dam (Badin) thoring a cast net and not had my life jacket on. I'll be wearing it from now on. You live and learn. I'm just glad I didn't have to learn the hard way! Ya'll be safe on the water!

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah everybody needs to be careful throwing them cast nets. I almost lose it if I spend enough time trying to get bait. Sad to hear we lost a fellow outdoorsman!

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Thats awful news. I hope everything turns out ok, but i fear the worst. prayer sent to his family from OK.

8. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Local paper says they found the body yesterday. You might mention the family in your prayers today.

9. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    So sorry to hear about the loss of life and a fellow outdoorsman :sad2: . Prayers sent.