Drowning on Mark Twain Lake

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Michael Jake, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Heard there was a drowning this past week on Mark Twain lake… Only details heard so far is he was throwing a cast net and got tangled in it and went overboard… Wondered if anyone has any more info.

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have not heard about that one but I can see how that could happen. This has been a bad year. It seems like every week some boater is killed. I just hope it makes every one more careful. It's dangerous out there, especiaaly where we like to fish.

3. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Moberly man drowns at Mark Twain Lake on birthday

[​IMG]

By Staff reports
    Hannibal Courier-Post
    Posted Aug 14, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
    Mark Twain Lake, MO —
    A Moberly man drowned in Mark Twain Lake on his 78th birthday.
    The accident happened at 1:15 p.m. Thursday in the middle fork of the lake.
    The Missouri Water Patrol says William Kendall was standing in the bow of a boat, became entangled in a net and fell overboard.
    The body was recovered in 30 feet of water. Kendall was not wearing a life jacket.
    Another man in the boat, 64-year-old James Kindell of Renick, was not hurt.

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    man that is terrible

5. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Prayers to the family:embarassed:
    One good thing i see in the story is a 78 year old was still fishing, AMEN
    He died what he loved best is to fish lol.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy I hate to hear that. No matter what everybody needs to use comon sense, pay close attention to what you are doing and dont take any un-nessery chances no matter how good or seasoned you think you are!

Tom

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    prayers go out to the family:sad2:

8. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I'll be headed out on the river shortly. While there I'll do a remembrance of The gentleman in this post and the one struck by lightening in the Fetus area. In the past I only used a PFD while under power. After the lightening strike I bought 3 belt pack inflatables for my boat. I still use a standard PFD under power, but switch to the inflatable while fishing. PLEASE, remember in both cases they were not wearing a PFD. Consider wearing a PFD while fishing and keep the clutter in the boat to a minimum.:sad2:

9. Mrs. Andy52

Mrs. Andy52 New Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I'd just like to add that the Mr and I wore the inflatables this last trip out. We kept them to our side and they are so comfortable that you don't really notice them at all and they aren't hot. In fact, they don't interfere with the fishing at all. It's a good thing to consider getting.
    LOL Just make sure you keep the pull cord out of your cast net....Nanner, Nanner. Mark told me about that one...he he he.
    In all seriousness though, my sympathies to the family. And I do agree with Buckdoe on still doing what you love.