Drowning on High Rock Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Dec 15, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Did anyone know the two fishermen that drowned on High Rock Lake Saturday night?

It happened very late Saturday night, so I am hoping it was not some cat guys we know.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :sad2: Sure hate to hear that .Like you hope it wasn't any of our cat guys.
    Keep us updated on any news that you find out on this tragedy.
    Any of you guys who are going out on the waters (Please Stay Safe.)

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Dieter we were a little concerned sat as we were throwing cast net and whole boat turned into a skating rink. The front deck was more than a little hazardous.
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to those families.
    Wear your life jackets this time of year and be safe everyone.
    Lindsay

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to the family of the fisherman. God Bless

5. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    it ia extra sad when it happens this time of year, my prayers go out to the families

6. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Announced on Charlotte news at 12. Reginald Harris and Jon Milton both men were from Charlotte. That is terrible.. May God bless there friends and family.

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    All I can do when I hear of situations like this is to continue to believe that when your time is up, its up and then I pray for the healing of hearts of the victim's family and friends.

I am sure many others join me in thinking "Damn, this could have been avoided had they just used common sense and worn life vests". But my very next thought is that it was meant to happen and only God knows why the time was right.

May they RIP and their family and friends find peace and closure soon......

8. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    This time of year it becomes essential to wear your life vest. In COLD water you numb out quick.

Boat and fish with a friend.

Have a plan on how you would get your companion out of the water if he or she fell in and visa versa.

I carry a dog ramp in my boat and when I am by myself it is ALWAYS in place when I stop. At my weight and age it is the only way I would ever get back in a boat. Imagine a sea lion humping its way up onto the beach.

:smile2:

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < All I can do when I hear of situations like this is to continue to believe that when your time is up, its up>

So you believe in predestination, Barb? I'm sorry, I can't buy into that. Someone obviously made a grave and tragic error. Predestined? NO way!
    prayers out to the grieving families.

Bill in SC