Drought pictures of lake lanier

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Oct 31, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    The first picture I took back in spring when the water levels were down 3 or 4 feet and the second picture was taken yesterday while fishing with BOC member Klag. This is the lake at 15ft below level. Bother pictures were taken from almost the exact spot on the shore line IM standing at the high water mark when I took the second picture:crazy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Wow,it looks like the drought has really gotten bad there. Are the fish biting any???

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Looks like that here also.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    the one thing you have to take into account is lake lanier's bottom is shaped like a V and for a lake of this size to be down 15 feet is nuts the governor of GA and the Army corps need to come to an agreement fast cause it shant be long now before the pumps that pump our water will be high and dry in lanier:crazy:

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    that is what our lake looked like until this summer when we got all the rains.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Terry:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's a pretty messed up deal with the politics going on. I hope they figure something out soon!

7. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I like it when the water is low..they dont have that many places to hide!!:smile2:

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That lake is to low.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Terry, now is a great time to make a record of the bottom of the lake so you know where you want to fish when the water comes back up. Either take a lot of pictures, or use a video camera. When they lowered the lake level like that on a lake near where I used to live, I found out that the branch channel that ran out of a cove to the main creek channel didn't run almost straight, like I always thought it did; it meandered back and forth in large 'S' shapes. Made a big difference in how I fished that cove.