drops

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, May 23, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    this is also in flathead forum, is a four foot weght drop perfect for bluecats, i use one , or to foot drops for flatheads sice there on bottem, , but i figerd blues if it was dangling in the water a blue would target it better the higher off the bottem, almost like a float without floating,

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Sometimes I use a small float on the leader to hold the bait about 12" off the bottom. Sometimes it doesn't seam to matter. But sometimes like yesterday, the poles with the floats out fished the ones without 4 to 1.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if loating for blues on the miss, would you go down 15 foot, at least, i know blues feed all over bottem or top, but i do think the key is to have it were they can see it in the watter, therefore floating , in theory, outbeats bottem fishing,for blues, but, im not doing it this time, but wen i get a slip and i go to alton, with a bro, illm float about 15 foot, i think thats a good deaph, closer to the bottem , but not laying on the mud

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've done really good fishing for bluecats with my bait right on the bottom.....carolina rig! with circle hooks.:cool2:

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I USE A FLOAT ON MY LEADER TOO.IT DOES SEEM TO REALY WORK.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOOKS LIKE IT DOESENT MATTER, WERE U PUT IT THEY FEED UP AND DOWN, I WANDER IF BIGGER CUTS ATRACT BIGGER BLUES, SOME SAY SMALLER CUTS, ILL BE USING BOTH BIG 6 INCH SLABS AND 3 INCH CUTS,, I FIGUR SMALLER CUTS BETTER HOOKUP, BIGGER CUTS MORE BITES, IM I CORECT, LOL, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BLUES, IM TALKING MY WIFE INTO MOVING TO ALTON, LOL

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Big baits don't always get huge fish. You would be surprised at how big of a bait a small #8 blue will hit and how small of a bait a #40 blue will take. The most important part to catching big fish is to fish where big fish are. If you put a 2" piece of cut bait in front of a #40 blue, he is going to take it.

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats what im told, also, but, then you get them, liitle fish, messing around, ill use, 3 inche sqwares and 5 inch