Dropping your fish in the rocks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flathunter, Nov 23, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I still laugh when I see this pic, my fishing partner H20 Mellon dropped one of his channel cats in some rocks last year..I snapped this pic while he was searching for it.

2. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Hey that's not funny.LOL

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    flathunter how do you get a fish in off those high banks like that?

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i got one stuck it the rocks last week i didnt think it was funny at the time but now i get a gigle lookin back on my work n time i spent to get it out lol

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You got to climb down and net them, not much fun :D

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL....I lost my contact, anybody see it? ;)

7. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Wait, I wasn't supposed to be looking at the rod and reel???

Ray

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Ray, I'm with you to heck with Mellon. post more pics of rods and reels!!!lol

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    At least he had enough common since to get the fish out of the rocks and not just leave it to die and rot(aka wasted recources) Hats off to you, Mellon!!!

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh man, I've done that one before. Done it with little tiny bullhead cats too, I've done it alot at night....what a pain, but looking back on it, it is pretty funny. :eek: :D I never like to waste any kind of fish, no matter what. Even bait like shad, herring, etc. I save any extra bait to use for chum.

11. Txboy

Txboy New Member

State:
    Hewitt , TX
    Yea whats worse is when you reach down to get the fish a snake is staring right back at you . Me personally im either going to be as quick as i can or just leave the offering to the snake

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. kind of looks like a 6500 on an ugly don't it. the rod not mellon. :D

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was bound & determined to save that channel cat. I did finallt get him out, I was happy. That spot really produced fish this year, however it was HARD to fish. There used to be a small tree there, well I took care fo that ;) , but the turtles there are horrible! We lose MANY rigs to the rock, the ones you cant see in the water as well as the ones on the shore that you can see.

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah I've lost alot of rigs to rocks at some of my spots that look just like your spot. But my spots rocks are a little smaller but theres alot more of them. I have learned a technique however that helps me not lose as many rigs, what I do is when im reeling up and see my rig approaching the rocks I slow down for a second and yank the rig up over the rocks. But CAUTION the weight can fly up like a bullet sometimes and hit ya in the head.....leanred that from expeirence :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes, that is what we do every time, if not we would loose rigs each & every cast. The rocks that you cna see in the pics are a piece of cake, it's the ones 10-20ft in the water that hurt us! It's a very deep hole w/ rocks everywhere, the turltes seem to take bait right in the rocks each time.

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, at my spot, Theres a shallow rock ledge though that goes out about 10 feet from the bank and then thats when it drops like straight down to
    40 ft. I'll try to snap a pic of it next time I'm there. :)

good luck!!!