Drop Shot Rigs?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by CJ21, Feb 24, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering how do u guys tie a drop shot rig without a swivel? I also here there are drop shot hooks that u can buy? I need a better bottom rig, I use a Texas Rig for bass but I dont know would it work for cats or not. I am tired of using a three way swivel, them thing just aint what they use to be.

2. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Tie a drop loop and leave as much line hanging as you like. Then tie a leader with hook off the drop loop, as long as you like. Then tie a loop on the tag end so you can remove led easily for storage or to change sinker size. When fishing straight down in deep water I have the sinker about 3 ft from the droop loop and tie a 12 to 20 inch leader with hook on to the dropper loop.

http://www.animatedknots.com/droppe...ge=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks, for tips. I got a idea on how to tie a drop shot rig now, I am going to use the bass fisherman version.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    CJ21 I use a dropshot rig under a float for prespawn cats starting in may and into June. When I start depends on the water temps, as soon as the water gets about 55 degrees.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks for help, I know how to tie one now, U tie a plamor knot with ur hook on there and u dont cut the tag ends off, u tie ur sinker or swivel to that.