Drop nets...

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by whiteriverbigcats, Nov 28, 2007.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know they have been discussed before but i have many times fished on high banks where i was unable to land a big fish due to the weight and no way to get to shallower water or lower ground... I have seen these made in many ways but the one i like best is made as such..

1st you need the fallowing:
    Mountain bike rim
    large net
    50+ ski rope
    Large lockable hook or ajustable link for a large chain

1st. Take all the spokes out of the the Mountain Bike rim

2. Depending on the size of the rim cut off about 6 to 10 feet off the rope and attach the mouth of the net to the rim.

3. now mark the rim in a 3 places making a perfect triangle and attach about 2 feet of rope to each of these places..

4. attach the hook to all three of these ropes

5. Now attach the main 30+ rope to top of hook and you now have a very dependable drop net you can use anytime you head out to one of your favorite spots that has some depth to it with no way to the water line...
    Now you can land those big fish without jeapordizing your takle and yourself..

I hope this helps many people..

2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Just curious as to if Whistler had recived the pics of this project to add to this thread...... Oh, I guess I could add them now...

Attached Files:

3. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Here are a few more of the finished thing.. Just add the length of rope you need and your set..

Attached Files: