Drop away arrow rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by SSG Johnson, Aug 27, 2005.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    what is your favorite drop away rest. I use the muzzy zero effect and absolutely love it.

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Just a tip with this rest. I had forgotten to turn my arrow fletchings over center reminded me as i was having trouble grouping arrows this year. Remember if you are seeing your arrow crab or seem to loop left or right you may need to turn your arrow over so the fletching is pointed straight up and sure it doesnt hit anything upon release..... Thats what i have to do to get my groups back where they where. If your having trouble try this if worked well for me.

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I also shoot the Zero-Effect by Muzzy, they sure are ugly buggers but there are no strings, springs, tubes or magnets...........nothing hanging off the bow to get hung up or fail. Only bad thing about the rest is that it won't fit a lot of the new Hoyts.

Chuck, you must have the "drop" set real shallow on your rest. I can shoot mine with my vanes orientated in any direction. I really like that because I don't have to worry how the arrow is turned, never know when you might have to do a quickie nock job.

Do you know anyone thats used the new Bohning vanes, there 2" vanes that stabilize like 4" vanes............can't think of the name right now.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Center mine is set pretty low my buddy's rest is way higher than mine i will take my bow in and see if I can have it adjusted higher.

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Chuck, if you got that thing shooting good I sure wouldn't screw with it, that's what summer is for :D What kind of ground blind do you have, I'm in the market. Can't afford a DoubleBull, was thinking about a Brickhouse or just the cheaper Doghouse. I know the turkey don't care what you use, but I do have one place that I will be deer hunting out of it. The place will allow me to "brush it in" a bunch.

6. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    center I have an ameriquest I got it at wall mart after christmas and deer season last year for 25.00 it cost 79.00 reg. I love it. If you can wait until after season this year and man they really put alot of things on sale at Wal Mart.

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dang(being careful), $25, you stoled that thing!! 79.99 is the price for the Doghouse, an issues??

Wish I could wait but got a 9 year old that's chomping at the bite to go turkey hunting this fall...........I also have 76 Cabela's points built up. Thanks

8. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    WOW!
    Great price for that blind SSG, sometimes you gotta love that after season clearence aisle at Wally world.

9. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    OH Man I got 4 of the ground blinds and gave them to friends at the same price. I also was able to pick up 4 two man ladder stands for 50.00 a piece. I felt like it was Christmas all over again.

10. PARATROOPER

PARATROOPER New Member

State:
    Waynesville, IL
    I shoot a Trophy Ridge drop zone on my Mathews Switchback, and a quick tune 2000 on my Hoyt RazorTec. I would say that the Drop Zone is a better rest. I shoot full helical fletchings and still find clearence a problem with the prongs on the quick tune. They drop away but they are still present......if that dosnt sound confusing I dont know what does lol

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Went and got a blind today at Cabela's. Ended up getting the Cabela's Full Draw, it looks a whole lot like the Double Bull T-2. Has hubs on both sides so it's very taunt...........only bad thing is I had to spend more than 25 bucks :p

12. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Thats awsome center I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. To bad on the price though. Keep your eyes open at wally world right after christman and you will be able to get some really cheap.

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Are those rests similar to the whisker bisquit. Ive been wanting to try one for years, but just balk at the price. One more season and Ill get one. Can you get the muzzy at wally. Ive been using the rest that came with mine, its just two pieces of metal that hold up the arrow.

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Chuck, what kind of chair(stool) are you using in your blind. 3 leg or 4???