Driving

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by allflats, Aug 20, 2007.

1. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Was wondering how far some of you drive for a night of fishing.I myself from time to time drive 80 miles to Markland to fish at the dam.LOng ride back to the house when fish are not biting!

2. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    I try never to drive more than about 5 or 10 miles. Normally it is less than that. I know there are better place to go but I justr can't bring myself to go that far with so much water close by. Time spent driving is fishing time
    squandered is what I always say lol.

3. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The most I've driven is bout 45 miles one way. That is not the limit by any means but, unless I am going to spend a couple days fishing and camping I don't generally think about going too far. It's more of a time spent doing what balance for me.

4. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I think our usual place is around 20 miles away?

If we are just out for the day looking for new spots to try, there's no telling how many miles we'll drive?
    Lately, with the gas prices, we don't do that much any more?

Ken

5. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i drive 47 miles to cannelton one way. do this every other weekend or so.

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    You guys have it made!!!
    It's haul from Sheridan to anywhere. It's 130 to Lawrenceburg and Rising Sun,
    215 to Cannelton. The farthest I go is Cumberland City TN and Berkely Dam KY.
    They are about 350 miles. I'm talking one way.
    Maybe I should take up gardening...W

7. bent_pole

bent_pole New Member

State:
    harrodsburg, kentucky
    I usualy drive 15 miniutes to one of the closer places to me unless i go to Beaver Lake which is a 30 minute drive. Now, if i have someone willing to go with me, i will hook up my boat and drive to Kentucky Lake which is about 250 mile.

Took my young grandson recently and he caught his first catfish.....:)

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    The longest for a night trip was about 1 hour, 15 minutes to the Rend Lake Gathering July 13-14. Usually I drive no more then 45 minutes or so. Used to drive 4 and a half to Reelfoot lake with my dad, but that was 4 days/4 nights.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Steven, I have a two ramps on the Ohio River that are 12 miles from my house and another ramp that is 22 miles. So I usually don't have to drive far for good fishing. I also sometimes fish Markland dam which is around 35 miles from home. Sometimes I will drive to Rough River Lake or to Cannelton Dam which is over 100 miles from home. I don't care where I fish as much as that I do fish. lol Vern

10. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I drive as far as my leash will stretch!!!!!!!!! Witch is usualy only around 50 miles or so for the most part.:sad2:

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Boy that leash sure does hurt when you hit the end of it at a good run! :smile2:

12. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gave Markland another try last.No bites at all.Alot of gars around the banks.This will most likely be my last trip there this year,going to stay closer to home so if no luck it dont hurt as much.lol