Drinkin and Fishin

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bnt55, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I was out on the river this morning and around 11 am a guy motors up next to my boat and asks if I am catfishing and how many I had caught today, normally thats not a big deal I dont mind talking to other fishermen and I will generally let anyone know where the bait is and so on, but this guy was tossin down a cold one while drivin his boat.:confused2: Now dont get me wrong I am not busting anyones chops and Lord knows I do enjoy frosty mug myself but to drive up on someone while drinking?? Is there no common sense anymore? Besides the obvious law breaking, I kinda thought that puts a bad impression on the rest of public about us catfishermen. Just a rant and I am done.

So fess up how many of you guys drink and fish, I am not talking about bank fishing.

Bill

2. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can say that i dont drink and boat, that dont even sound fun

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    im 22 and I have had my boat for i dont know how long now not long if your wondering but i dont drink and boat at all im not sure if its just me or im not old enough to want too or something but dont get me wrong I LOVE BEER!!!!!!!

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    cant fish without a 30 pack and a couple 5ths makes walking around in the boat more challenging :wink: as far as driving the boat well at full throtle i cant see over the front anyway . cheeeers !!!!:smile2:

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'll drink a few with you on the bank after we get done fishing.. But in my boat you got a choice between soda pop and water while fishing.. Lifes too short and too many things can go wrong...

6. jkim546

jkim546 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    its always nice to have a nice cold one while fishin, but im pretty much on the banks all the time. The nice thing about that is i can just walk to a toilet instead of dockin a boat or letting it go over the side.... :eek:oooh:

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    BAD IDEA HERE WHERE I LIVE. I HAVE SEEN THE GAME WARDEN IMPOUND BOATS,TAKE THE IDIOTS TO JAIL,AND THEN TOW THEIR TRUCK. WE CAN DRINK WHILE RIDING,BUT THE SAME RULES APPLY WHILE DRIVING A CAR OR BOAT.

8. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No alcohol on my boat, not that I haven't been there, But don't need it to enjoy myself.

9. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    If i dont have to drive the boat i dont mind tossin a few back. But if i am drivin i stick to soda. then let the beer flow once we get back to camp/home:eek:oooh:

10. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    thats a joke i dont drinlk a 30 pack in a months time . my dad drinks thats why im allways driving the boat :wink:

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    If I am bank fishing and the bite is slow I might have one or two but that is rare. In the boat I don't.

12. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    no place for beer even on the bank you still have to drive your truck home.but then again I dont drink other than Mountain dew or water and most times I think my Mountain dew is water lol keep it at home, they spend a lot of money each year trying to ban smokers I think they should ban beer, wiskey, wine hek all of it. but thats just my 2 cents worth.

13. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I have had to many instances where the game warden or park ranger is waiting at the boat ramp. It's too dangerous and I don't want to take the chance.

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

LOL! I'm glad you clarified that. I was fixin to cut loose. LOL!:crazy:

15. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    :wink:On the bank you betcha! On a boat you betcha! only if im not driving.

16. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    drunks do not have any common sense!!!!!!!! if you want to drink go home on to a bar. if you want to fish shut up and get in the boat !

17. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    i dont know about that ive seen drunks with more common sence them some of the cpr guys on here have :wink:

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Ahhh, but us DRUNK cpr guys, WE have a lot of sense, both common and uncommon:smile2:

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    you got that right if i wasent heading to bed now id toast to that one. dont forget the rednecks we've gotten aweful creative with the tourch welder tools beer and duct tape:wink: you should see my rod holders aint a fish around getting my rod:wink:

20. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I am a fisherman that CRP all fish and I don't drink when fishing. If you don't CPR that is fine but don't put down someone that does.