Drill Here -- Drill Now

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Jun 16, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here is a petition trying to convince Congress, We Need Our Own Oil. Don't know how people feel about using our own, I for one am for it.

http://www.americansolutions.com/

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Don`t know how much good it will do but I signed it, there is alot of opposition to this.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    cool...i posted before it got sent to HI:smile2:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    So did I phil and I signed it and my wife did also

5. tyrupp

tyrupp New Member

State:
    Ellis,Kans
    they are drilling here and they are drilling now,we have not been able to keep up with use since 1960.think better fuel economy instead of a cad for the wife

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I signed it, I hope it'll help!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

My wife's old Cad gets 26 mpg, thats not bad for a 6 passenger full size car. lol

Thinking about getting myself an old Cad too. 26 is better than my F250s 14 mpg. lol Me an Bo the Wonder Dog will fit in one. Under 3k on ebay, for ones with 60,000 miles or so. lol

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
  9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    the problem aint as much the lack of drilling,heck they are punchin holes all over,Its the lack of refinerys ,prices wont go down much without the finished product in great quantity. And the EPA wont let refinerys be built till all the red tape is done .

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Lack of refinery capacity is not the reason that unrefined oil costs $140 a barrel.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well I signed it!! Hope these high prices comes to an end sometime!!:angry::angry: Thanks for the post James!!:wink:

12. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Get Congress out of the way and let them drill. The ones that want to get in the way need to be thrown out of office. The resources in the lower 48, coastal waters, and Alaska are big enough to really help us bring the high costs down, and help make the transitions to renewable fuels down the road.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    They be punching holes all over Texas. My Son and most people I know works in it. Full force around here. Son even has one in his front yard . Couple friends, got plenty oil under them. And gas too. I also saw on TV, cant remember where, I think CA, pumper rigs steady going in many neighborhoods. Hole town is full of em. list goes on.
    I think someone wants to control the oil in those places where drills aint allowed. Price aint going down much. Its control.

Still got Iraq oil. Guess that is one place we cant drill. LOL

But on a side note, if its ok for Texas to look like Swiss cheese, I say hit other areas too, just dont expect the price to go down much and if it does, a fart in the wind will bring it back up.

So when is the petition going to start up about drilling the oil CO's like they drilling us Or truckers put it in park for a while I'll sign that one.

OOPS< for some reason, I'm feeling a little hi, must be the area I'm headed too. LOL>.

we need to do some horse trading with those controling the oil.

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    drilling wont solve anything, my wife's cousin is an engineer at texaco, he said texaco alone has enough oil stockpiled to last us over 100 years at current usage rates, big govt and the oil companies are getting rich off this is all, hopefully when we get a new govt in place they will stop taking money from all the big oil places and stop bending over at their bidding, its not going to get any better soon and it has nothing to do with shortages of oil, its all to do with money, i was at a training school in detroit a few weeks ago, they have water burning cars ready to go but the government will not let them be released, they cant tax us on water, yet, but wait till the oil is gone and that will be next but we wont be here to see it

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i believe theres a lot of truth in that last post.:wink:

well a while ago there was a post about agents from the irs that told a elderly man in decatur il,(30 miles from me) he had to pay back taxes for operating his car on cooking oil. a road tax if you will. the biggest bunch of s$&t ive ever heard. but just found this.

he won and doesnt have to pay. ide probably shot em!

http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2007/03/02/news/local_news/1021539.txt

16. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Dead on with those comments.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    there basically saying use gas or youll be in jail. the government were under sucks.

18. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    True, but the lack of refineries pump the cost of gas up - finished product - that's why Alaska has to pay so much, they got oil but have to send it to the lower 48 to get refined.

Man OPEC even stated that the current price of oil is way to high and has no basis for it. I was watching a documentary a few weeks back on the cost of pumping a barrel of oil out of the ground and it stated it took $10 for shallow wells and $70 for deeper wells - my question was, has it always cost $70, even last year when oil was around $70 or a few years ago when it was under $70? Can't trust noone when it comes to the price of oil. Future traders are a big reason oil is so high - all based on emotions, speculation and news or there lack of.

19. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    My advice is to be very careful about what you wish for. I live right in the middle of the Barnett shale here in north Texas. My town and county are crawling with gas drillers. Huge truck traffic night and day. Trucks that are destroying roadways that taxpayers will have to pay to repair. All kinds of toxic chemicals being pumped into injector wells that may threaten ground water. They are drilling wells in urban areas. Think you' like to have a gas or oil well in your yard? In Texas the gas companies and drillers call the shots with the Texas legislature and Railroad Commission signing off on anything they want. Do you know that the pipeline companies have the power of eminent domain? Think you'd like to have to be FORCED to give an easement so a pipeline can go under your yard or house or LOSE your house and property because a PRIVATE company tells the state they want it? I don't know about you but I can live without a little oil or gas, what I can't live without is a place to live. It's easy for these clowns on talk radio to call for oil drilling in this country. These wealthy men will never be in eyesight of a gas or oil well. However as working class or working poor, we will bear the brunt and pay the bills. These high gas prices are a bubble, a market falsely manipulated by greed. Before you sign a petition think about what you are asking for.

20. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If the American oil companies have their way there will be no transition to alternative fuels. From 2001 to 2007 the same party controlled Congress and the White House. What did they do about opening up this country to exploration? Nothing. But now it is easy to blame the other party for all the trouble. If you are an oil company and your current refining capacity allows you to bleed the public dry why would you want to increase refining capacity that would increase supply and drive down prices? We are being robbed and conned. Don't believe anything that you hear on talk radio or anything that comes out of a politicians mouth.