Driftwood Wanted

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by heyop_erator, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm close to Kansas City and would like a couple of pieces of driftwood for my fish tank. It is a large tank so I would be intrested in larger pieces. Thanks,Teri

2. dennis boehm

dennis boehm Member

State:
    olathe kan
    next time your fishing the kansas or missouri rivers you can find alot fo nice pieces, or the osage going into truman, this is were i find alot for my chameleon cages, the stores are to expensive

3. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Be careful what kind of wood you put in a tank, it's a closed system so watch the water quality carefully...I used to keep 14 tanks from betta tanks to a 235 gal, both fresh and salt... I put a really neat looking piece I found in a tank and killed all my fish, still don't know what kind of wood it was...Check your water !!!!

4. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Its not always the wood , but whats attached to it, parasites,mold,etc.

Better off hitting the fish store and buy one.

5. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was hoping someone had a few pieces from a tank they didn't want or need. The stores are very expensive.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ill look i had some when i had some fish

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
  8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    What are the dimensions of the needed driftwood pieces? I collect lots of it from the river to use as decoration. The tourists buy chunks in the summer.

9. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The tank is 7 foot long and 2 foot deep and 3 foot tall. So I'm looking for a large piece or two pieces.

10. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    7'x2'x3'? WOW! I thought my fish basket (grocerycart) was big.:confused2:

11. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    You might want to try Foster & Smith aquarium supplies on line thats where I get alot of my supplies. You also might want to look at getting different rocks at a landscaping company, just make sure there safe in the water. Wouldn't want to put something like lime stone in the aquarium. I got some of my rocks from different places I've traveled, like Main and New York. The rocks and drift wood look good together in aqurium with some plants. Hope this helps, Mike.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe you can help me. I have a really really nice looking piece of drift wood I found on hte banks of the Ohio. I washed it and scrubed it, talk to it and praised it, but

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe you can help me. I have a really really nice looking piece of drift wood I found on the banks of the Ohio. I washed it and scrubbed it, talked to it and praised it, BUT I CANT KEEP THE DARNED THING ON THE BOTTOM! :crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good Grief what you keeping in it Moby Dick or Orica:smile2:

15. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well now I keep dinner in it but if you need a bath just stop by the living room and we'll fix you up...The curtains are a little sheer tho...

16. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    ill get ya some next time i go to my hole. if yer at the gathring ill give it to ya. if not, id hate to ship i piece of wood lol

17. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The wood needs to be out of the water and frozen,thawed and refrozen for two years before adding it safely to a fish tank because of the bacteria and mold. So if anyone has any I'm still looking..Thanks,Teri

18. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i think yours has mine beat. i just got a 150 gallon aquarium. i think its 72 inches by 18.5 inches by 28 inches or somthing like that. i would love to see a few pictures of yours. i could post some of mine . i plan on it once its done. i bought 3 big pieces of lava rock for mine. once it matures it will be kinda like live rock in salt water. i even crushed it up as filter media . it never needs replaced. the tank isn't close to being done though. i'm buying special gravel . that eco-complet plant stuff. i'm looking at 250 bucks just for that gravel. but i want to grow some green plants . and my tank and all was free. so i still wont have much money into it . ploease post pics if you can. sorry i am of no help on wood. lol sounds funny

19. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are working on the boat project right now but when the weather stops me from being outside I'll get back to the fish tank project and post a couple of pictures. My tank is in freshwater right now because of the cost running salt and did I mention the boat...lol...everything is expensive. I hope someone has some wood they can part with to help my fish at home life ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.