Driftmaster T Bars

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by bwhupp, Aug 12, 2007.

1. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Anyone tried the driftmaster t-bars for the boat? I am looking for simple rigging on the 2007 G3. It is a Bass fishing boat primarily, so it needs to be something that is either removable or quick and easy rigging. I am looking at fishing off the sides of the boat and saw th e driftmaster t-bars.

I was thinking or purchasing 2 of the t-bars and 4 brackets. THe brackets i would mount on each side of the boat and then depending which side we are fishing off of, i would just screw in the t-bars per side.

My worry is the strength of the t-bars. Would it be able to take a heavy pull without bending?

http://www.driftmaster.com/Flatbar-RH.jpg

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I made my own drift bar by going to Home Depot and buying a 3/4" galv flange, 3- 3/4" X 24" galv pipes, a 3/4" "T" and 2 - 3/4" galv end caps. Total price including 4 Driftmaster "Lil Pro" clamp on rod holders was around $80.00, maybe $90.00. I forget, but I built everything early this Spring and have not been able to use it yet. Assembly time was less than 30 minutes and I saved quite a bit of money. I just have to attach the flanges around the boat whereever I need to set the rods. I built it for crappie pulling but will work for anything.
    Hope this helps.
    catman george

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    My only concern about these "T"-bars is, when a fish hits one of the rods, the other rods move as well, meaning they are not very stable. They should do fine for crappie and smaller fish like that.

Great in theory but, lack the stamina to hold up under pressure.

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    BW, Driftmaster "T" bar is not strong enough for catfishing. I have 14 of the stainless steel Driftmaster "Duo-Pro" two position rodholders mounted to the rail of my boat.

Their 1/2" diameter SS structure makes them the toughest on the market...tough enough for catfishing. They come dressed in a soft PVC coating to protect your rod from scratches and abrasions.

The "T" bar is made with a 3/8" steel rod which will bend under the pressure a catfish will put on the rodholder. They are excellent, however, for panfish and especially spider rigging for crappie.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That's exactly the response I was looking for. Thanks!

Back to the drawing board for me. HA!

I do not have access to welding equipment... so this makes it a bit more of a challenge.