Driftmaster rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by psychomekanik, Dec 31, 2007.

1. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I want to put driftmaster rod holders in my boat. but, i'm having problems finding the ones i'm looking for. I want the troller (pro) with surface mount stainless bases. here's the fun part. I want left hand and right base threads for opposite sides of the boat. does anyone know where i can find these all in the same place?? i've found places that sell just the right hand ones, or dont have the bases i like, or out of stock !! where are you buying them from?

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I contacted Driftmaster and ordered direct from them. You might try that approach, worked for me. That way you are sure to be able to get what you want and anything they make will be in stock. PM me if you cant find the phone number.
    :big_smile:
    Thanks
    David

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Here's another way to make sure you get what you want. Call David at Driftmaster at (803) 73-4927. Tell him I sent you.

4. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I prefer the Santee Special rod holders by a long shot. Much stronger same price. I am also sure they have a base to met your needs for their bases are better to.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Catfish Safari (BOC Sponsor) is a Driftmaster dealer and either carries in stock or can special-order any Driftmaster products that you need.

http://shop.catfishsafari.com/main.sc

BTW -- get the 1/2" size rod holders and you'll never need to replace them with something better. They'll outlast you and your boat.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mark, I just recently bought 4 of the Driftmaster 1/2" Pro Duo rod holders from my local Bass Pro Shops. If you'll mount them hosses onto a sturdy rod rack, there ain't a fish in North America they can't handle. The style you mentioned are good also, but after gathering info from other BOC members, I decided to go with the Duo style because of their versatility. Whatever style you decide on, go with the 1/2" size like the others stated also. If you use rods with large handles like, the Ugly Stick Tiger, Quantum Big Cat, Catmaxx, Surge, Boss, Catfish Safari, Black and Blue, Blackhorse, well you get the picture, I believe these will not fit in the 3/8" size without making modifications to the holder and/or the rod which I wouldn't recommend doing. The Ugly Stick Catfish rods or other brands this size and smaller will work with the 3/8" size. Good luck with your choice!

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for all the help guys. it looks like i'm going to have to call the company themselves. I cant find the troller pro in both thread sizes with stainless flush mount bases..Just cant find the combination of all the stuff i need in one place. I'm mounting more bases than I'll need at any given time for more versatility..

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the pro duo too, but I want the 45* angle instead of the 25* or 30 that the duo is. I'm definately looking for the 1/2 stems..

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    When you call them and talk with David. Be sure you mention the BOC and maybe if enough people mention the site the powers that be can talk with him about sponsoring the BOC. They make great products it sure would be nice if they were a BOC sponsor.:cool2:
    David is pretty great to get what you need done. I called him on Friday morning with a pretty large custom order,(36 total holders 20 pro duos with 10 inch stainless shafts and 16 flatliners with 6 inch stainless shafts, half with right and half with left threads) and he had them ready for pick up by lunch on Monday.
    His number is 803-475-4927 (I hope it is OK to post that).:roll_eyes:

Thanks
    David

10. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    im runnign the 45 degree pro series as well. unless you accidently slip into the atlantic and hook a whale there is NOTHING that is going to budge these holders and they ARN'T gonna bend or break. i have my first set rigged in my boat and i wont ever switch after having them~!!! the downside was the price. they are pretty expensive but then again you get what you pay for sometimes and this is one of those times.

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Wow David,
    Did you win the lottery???:wink:...W

12. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Nope, I just have a wonderful wife that doesn't mind me buying things. Plus she enjoys fishing as much or more than I do and she gets a lot of use out of this stuff as well. We like fishing a lot of rods.:eek:oooh: Not saying I use that many rods at once but I like having the option to move rigs around without having to move rod holders. Plus the different styles of holders will allow for different styles of fishing. Drift, anchored in slack water, anchored in rivers (current), suspended drifting, etc. I made all my bases for these holders so that saved me a few bucks on the holders when I bought them from David @ Driftmaster.:smile2:

Plus I look t rod holders like a woodworker looks at clamps. You can never have to many. :crazy::smile2:
    Thanks
    David

13. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    driftmasters are great contact driftmaster direct im sure they can help you