Driftmaster pro duo's wanted

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by heyop_erator, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are working on redoing the boat and everything is coming together but we sure could use some good rod holders? Anyone have some? Thanks

2. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    Do they have to be pro duo? I have 6 holders made from 3/8 rod coated with plastisol coating like driftmasters. Rod angle is approx 45 degrees. They come with the base and wingnuts. There new. I am looking for another rod & reel setup.

3. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
  4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I got some driftmasters i will let go. If interested let me know and i'll try to post some pic's. I have the ones that you can set the reel down in and the regular driftmaster. I think they are 0 angle but i also have others if i can run across them. I want to buy me some of those monster rod holders, but need to sell some of mine first:smile2: also got a couple of them crappie set ups with 4 rod hoders per holder (if that makes any sense)

5. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We can't afford 6 or 7 new rod holders and are looking for the bigger 1/2" post size. The boat did not come with any and we have not a one... We are getting more pictures added to the album on my page as the progress continues,Abracadabra if you have time to look. Thanks again for any help on these rod holders,Teri

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    i'll look today and see what i have. May be able to get rid of some of the mounts also. Really don't know how many of those i can let go of. I got my boat from a crappie fisherman and he believed in rod holders and left them all on the boat. I will let the holders alone go for $10 but will need a few extra $$$ for the mounts. The crappie rigs will cost you:smile2: they have 4 rod holders per mount. I cant hardly put my big reels that close to each other. I'll try to post some pic's as soon as i round everything up

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    well let me see if i can download these pic's with a reply, if not, i will start a new one. Untill i get my new holders and bases i only have 2 rail mounts and a couple 3/8 bases. The rail mounts (round) are for 1/2 rod holders. As you can see some are stainless homemade rod holders. I will have even more when i get my new ones

Attached Files:

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't see too many people selling USED 1/2" driftmaster pro duo's because they are the bomb!!!!

They can have my 1/2" Driftmaster duo's when they pry them from my cold, dead hands!:smile2:

9. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Teri I use the 3/8 driftmasters and they seem to be strong enough. I have some Down-East rod holders also. You can look them up if you are going for strength they can't be beat especially the Salty series. The Down-East are kind of pricey. Check them out I have 4 that I don't use and 3 different kind of mounts for all of them I seldom use, If you look into them and like them I'll give you a deal you can't resist.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I had a 3/8 driftmaster break at the weld on me when SLAMMED by a big fish on the Mississippi!!!!!! Heard of a few other folks having them break too.

Thats when I went with the 1/2 model, never ever heard of one of those failing

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I think I'm gonna order some longer stemed rod holders, right now I have the pro flatliners. (25 degree angle). I'm probably gonna sell them when I order my new ones. If anyone is interested, let me know. They are fairly new.:wink:

12. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Part if of the reason why some break are because the shaft that is welded to the holder part is s.s. and the holder is galvenized. Which makes for a weak point all together. If they were s.s. all the way around they would most likely bend before they broke. Just my 2cents.

Chris

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Make an offer i don't need them

14. damcodon

damcodon New Member

State:
    Quincy, Illinoi
    Drift Master and the Fine Folks at Black River Tools recommend 1/2 holders for big cats. My own experience says go 1/2 inch Driftmaster holders. Your next hit could be the world record. Don't skimp where it counts.

15. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Just got my 10 Duo's in Skipeye ....:wink: there mounted.......i am ready:wink: there built like a brick- @#$%-*&^%$!!!!:wink::cool2: I aint dead yet so ya can't have mine either!!!:wink:

16. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    whats the norm price on the driftmaster duo's, i found some at a discount reel place off of 77. They are about $20 for the 1/2 and a few cheaper for the 3/8 just wondered if this is a good price. They are new and i kind of like them for myself :smile2:

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Don't remember what mine cost now. Was right at a $100 bill for 5 with star bases. 1 of those was an 8" high one for over the motor. That was with shipping.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bluejay, If you got 5 1/2's with the base and the shipping included in the $100 then you got a deal. I paid $20 for mine and an extra $8 for the star base. Great holder...strong as can be. Don't skimp with this and get the smaller holders get the 1/2's.

19. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.