Driftmaster "Lean Mean"

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by DJH1, Feb 14, 2008.

1. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody used driftmaster Lean Mean rod holders. Got the latest bass pro magazine the other day and they have a pretty good deal on them. My only concern is that they hold the rod at a 20 degree angle. Is this enough angle for a rod using circle hooks in fairly heavy current?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Joey,
    They are actually called "Lean Green". They will work best with spinning gear. Depending on the size of fish you are catching (or fishing for), You might need a larger model. The only come in 3/8" diameter and I prefer the 1/2" if going after larger fish. I have several styles that all work great for different occasions.

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
  4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    3/8" driftmasters will work. The only bad thing about them I know of to many that have broke. You really should get the 1/2" model. The manufacture will even tell you that the 3/8" model is made to bend but not break. The 1/2" model are bested suited. As far as 20 degree's being enough just depends on your boat and placement of the rod holder. You can have the same 20 degree rod holder and get to different steepness of angles just by where you place it on the boat.

5. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I use the Driftmaster Lil Flatliner which holds the rod at 25 degrees. Works really well for me. Same price too.