Driftmaster bases

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Sumpfmann, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sumpfmann

Sumpfmann New Member

State:
    Florida
    I see that Driftmaster has both right and left hand threaded holders and bases, and I was wondering why, what's the reason for the left-handed ones?

2. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Those bases were designed so if you are drifting and a fish hits the rodholder will tighten up instead of loosening up. One side the boat has one thread and the other thread on the other side the boat. Used for drifting or trolling!

3. Sumpfmann

Sumpfmann New Member

State:
    Florida
    Well duh! that makes perfect sense,thanks.

4. striper steve

striper steve New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yeah i figured that out after buying most of my holders,lol

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina

yeah kevin is right also helps fishing on the river when rods on the port side get nailed

6. boatstall

boatstall New Member

State:
    North Louisiana
    Don't worry if you didn't buy for both sides of the boat. I removed the wing nut and replaced with 2 stainless hex nuts. Position the holder where you want it and tighten the bottom nut down with a wrench. Then tighten the top nut down onto the bottom nut as a locker. Leave the open end wrench onboard for adjustment if needed. I have had a rod hang up while drifting on the Red river and it stopped dead still my 28ft. pontoon without loosening the rod holder.

boatstall

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    call them they offerred to swap out previously purchased ones for what i needed.

8. striper steve

striper steve New Member

State:
    south carolina
    im slowly replacing them with duo's anyway but thanks for the suggestion.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    If you are in the market, take a look at Monster Rod Holder also. In my opinion, much better looking rod holder, especially the new Triple Play coming out.

10. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I would go with the triple play Monsters as well.You will never have to buy another rod holder.0/33/45 it will cover all your needs.

11. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the monsters may be just as good but i have drift masters that were my dads when he used to fish dont know how old they are I have also purchased new ones duos an pro guides love them also