drifting

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by shingman6, Mar 24, 2008.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    What kind of drift rig do you use? I saw one kind at wally world today,it was called a bottom bouncer. Is this ok for a drift rig?

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the board. Bottom bouncers work good as drift rigs but will still get hung up and pricey when you lose them. Most use a sinker that is sacrificial. Sinker tied on with line that is lighter than main line, or held on with a split shot ( what I use most of the time), slinky weights or snake weights and countless others to numerous to mention. I am sure that others will add to and correct me If I am mistaken.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Use a 3-way swivel, tie your sinker line (smaller test) to the bottom of the 3 way swivel and then your hook leader to the side eye on the 3 way swivel. I use a standard swivel in the line on my sinker leader, to keep twist to a minimum! If your fish are suspended use a longer sinker leader. I use Power Pro braid for my main line and I use a Palomar knot to tie it to the top of the 3-way swivel, my leaders are mono. In super current I use 100# mono on my hook leaders (that appears to help on twist in BAD current) My sinker leader is usually 20# test, so if I get hung up I can break off easy.:wink: I hope this helps!

4. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is what I use. Works great an Santee.

Attached Files:

5. Defender

Defender New Member

State:
    Hastings, Nebraska

I like your rig. Do you mind if I keep a copy of the pics for future reference?