Drifting w/ roundhill

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by BassMassey, Dec 23, 2007.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I fished lake Moultrie for the first time saturday with the legend Capt. Roundhill. It was my first trip to Santee, and my first time drifing for blue cats. We put in a lil after 7 and fished most of the day. Roundhill put me onto about 15 fish, mostly blues w/ a couple nice channel cats. Not to mention my PB blue cat that went for 35#, a 28#, and a 22#. I can see now why ya'll call Santee the catfish capital of the world. It was probably one of the single best days of fishing i ever had, I had a great time fishing with the old fat man......lol. Anyways i would like to thank Ronnie for letting me come out to fish off his boat and catch some big blues...

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for that report, Aaron. I'm glad you guys got into the fish. Saturday was not a great day, but y'all managed to find some fish anyway. Wish I could have been there myself, but couldn't. I'll be glad when Christmas is past, so I can fish again. :roll_eyes:

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Aaron that sounds like a great day on the water! You can learn a LOT from ol' Roundhill and you were a lucky man to get to fish with him!! :wink:

Hey Blackwaterkatz!! Where did you get that pig in your avatar?????? :eek:oooh: That's a Nice 'un!! :wink:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Aaron - glad that you had a good day. And congrats on your new PB :big_smile: That ol' roundhill is one heck of a guy, isn't he!

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Congrats on the Pb. Sounds like yas kicked some butt out there. Thaanks for sharing the story.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Dieter, that one came from Lake Moultrie last week. I've been fortunate enough to fish with Roundhill a number of times, and I'll have to give him a lot of credit for making that happen, 'cause I've learned a lot about drift fishing from him. :wink: Right now there are plenty of fish to be caught, but there are a few little minor things that sometimes seem to make a difference. I guess one of the most important things is Patience.....

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on your catches sounds like a good day on the river

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like yall had a great trip. It is always a treat to fish with Roundhill. Congrats on the PB.

9. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like you and Roundhill had a great trip. Congrats on the new PB.