Drifting Sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Manny, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Can someone educate me as to what kind of sinker i should be using when drifting? I have been using a 1oz. egg slipsinker with pretty good results, and almpst never get snagged. Do most people use the bent pencil looking NO-Snag sinkers. If so what are the advantages of them, and why the bent shape?

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I have no clue as to what most others use. I can't remember the name of them, but I use those flat type in about 2 oz..

3. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Hey Manny do a search on 'slinky weights' on the boc! The other one I've tried is a 'no row' sinker.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like to use the Bell sinker and bounce off the bottom, no roll will work but it works on your line also ck the sponsors Team Catfish has a style that should also a bullet weight will also work

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've been using the 1.75oz and 2.5oz pencil sinkers from a Do-It pencil sinker mold, and they work well. I honestly don't think it matters too much, but a skinny profile sinker will slip through some snags that would catch a wider sinker. I would avoid flat sinkers like no rolls because they might spin / twist up the line when used for drifting or trolling, but regular bank sinkers aren't bad.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Snake Weight.......Buck Shot stuffed in Parachute cord......you gotta pay attention to them carolina boys....